my first Kubota with wheels.

koppel

Dec 15, 2009
Melbourne,Australia
Hi All,

have looked and read a lot of of this site. VERY informative.

We recently bought a B7100 so will be doing lots to and with it.

Posted a reply on the Grading post earlier, and may add comments or do a video to add.

Was very glad I read about the BioDiesel and will NOT use it, despite being able to get it locally at a great discount.

Since we purchased this unit I have put my hand in pocket for a few extra some of which I got by barta. Others I paid cold hard cash for.

So I have the secondhand B7100 with turf tires and 3 point linkage and front weights as a start.

Added for $'s

1. a new 4ft box blade.

2. a new, incomplete ,4ft rotary hoe . ( missing right angle gear box on top)

3. a new (surplus) 2 blade mover deck. Not sure if to 3 point it or add under middle..that could be a lot of messing about.

4. A new certified RPOS.

5 a battery isolator switch

6. a new fire extinguisher.

7. new air cleaner element and engine oil filter

8. new 50mm / 2'' tow ball

9. engine oil and will get all oils to give it a total oil change, inc screens cleaning

Now need ..

a.. new seat or repaired cushion

b. make or buy a cover for center of steering wheel Aus$83 for genuine part.

c. get front headlights going

d. add rear work light

e. cup of tea holder near drivers seat

f. make a Carry All

g. make a few extra 3 point plow implements out of parts I have.

hope the above is of interest

regards
david

Greg

Equipment
B7100 HST-D 4x4 with FEL, PTO and 3 pt hitch
Dec 7, 2009
Putnam County, NY
Hi David,

Great to hear someone is going through the motions on a B7100 just like me. I bought mine 2 weeks ago, an HST-D. It came with a Johnson front end loader and a 60" woods 3pt mower. I don't know how many people owned this machine and don't really care, It's mine now and I'm going to fix it up!

I have already sold the the mover on Ebay for US$177 so for me that's a bonus. That covered my new 5 gallon pail of Super UDT hydraulic fluid for the Tranny and tranny, engine and air filters + some lunch money. I have a nice John Deere riding mover, and honestly because of the nooks and crannys of my 1.5 acres of grass, the ridding mower will be easier.

The front end loader does not fit onto the tractor yet. Guy I bought it from crudely made and attached the uprights off the frame, but never figured out how to make and attach the supports to the front of the fame. So, I am in the middle of making these brackets in my home garage. I have simple tools, but used ingeniously they can do amazing things. Professional almost. Best I can tell from hours of searching images and research is that I have a Johnson 10tc loader. I think Johnson may have made this loader for Kubota at some point because it looks nearly identical to the Kubota B219 which is the loader that would have come with this tractor as an option back in the day. Based on that assumption, I have ordered a full set of seals for all 4 cylinders of the loader. Cylinders themselves are in excellent condition.

I will be keeping a photo journal of my work on this machine over the next year. If you look at my photo album on this forum I have already begun. I may start a thread to do it, so everything can go in chronological order. And questions can be asked and answered along the way. Should become a good source of info and part #'s and such for any B7100 newbie owner. Obviously the more experienced tractor guys know what to do, what to look for and what to buy much better than I do.

I'm also looking forward to see how and what you do on your tractor. Mine will be used mostly for landscaping, snow plowing and grounds maintainence. But I have 5 acres, and may consider clearing and acre or 2 to do some farming.

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
Koppel /greg :D I also bought a B7100 hst-e mine has 1440 hrs on it and was in good shape when I purchased it. I also am proud of it. Mine is only a 2 wheel drive it has 60 inch mid mount mower, built a bar for it for pulling trailers etc. You need weights for the front they do get light when going up hill etc. bought a 4 ft. box blade heavy duty handles it very well doesnt even know its back there. The one thing I do with mine is when using box blade or towing I keep it in low range instead of high. These are very strong little tractors and the tractor does think it is as LARGE as they come. I am very pleased with mine also.I use it with a pond scoop for gravel .Just remember you need to make these little tractors care for theirselves they will pull anything you hook it to within reason or will raise up or spin trying. I have a trailer full of steel in the edge of my woods and for years needed to jack front tongue up out of dirt. it has been there several years and other people have donated metal on the trailer. backed up to it put a chain on lower bars figured it was to heavy because only rated at 400 lbs. durn thing squatted bent tongue raised the the metal didnt slow down put a8 inch block under tongue would have taken my buddies and myself 30 minutes to have dug out tongue and jacked it up with porta power. It doesnt know it is small so I remember that part myself.IT IS a tough small beast.Good luck handyman