B6100E engine swap

gravely power

Equipment
b6100e
Dec 19, 2009
Brooksville Fl
I have acquired a B6100E with loader. Super nice condition. The previous owner loaned it to his, YUP, brother in-law who commenced to fuel it with,YUP, gasoline. Seized solid. The engine is a D650 14 HP. I have an opportunity to get a D722 18 HP. Will they interchange? Any info would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Fueling it with gasoline would not sieze the engine. It could .damage the injectors and injection pump but in most cases it does no damage at all.

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
No, the engines will not interchange. at least not without a lot of work. Kubota's are not very friendly when it comes to swaping engines! Why not repair the original? there probably isn't much wrong with it. They are relatively inexpensive to repair and very simple to work on.

gravely power

Equipment
b6100e
Dec 19, 2009
Brooksville Fl
After the engine was fueled with gas it was used until it seized. Gas will do that if it's run long enough. I have priced rebuilding the D650 and it is an option. I can get the D722 for $250. That a lot more attractive. Thanks for the response.
:p

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Usually they just won't run on gas, but I suppose if you got just the right amount of gasoline in there it might cause damage. . I see half a dozen or more Kubota's a year that have had gasoline put in them and won't run but I've never seen one yet that didn't run perfectly when I got the proper fuel in it. It's a completely different story though if you have a rotary pump.( CAV, Roosamaster etc.) Gasoline ruins those pumps!It would be about the same amount of work to put a small block chevy in there as a d722! you can tackle it if you want but it'll cost more than the rebuild of the 650. If the Kubota didn't use the engine as part of the frame it would be much easier.

Last edited:

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
It's always wives or brother-in-laws that put gas in the diesels. At least thats true for all my customers!!:D

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
Gravely power you and eserv have scared me I have a kubota and a snapper both cans are red going to paint my diesel black or gray tomorrow.:eek:

Orange Tractors

Equipment
L175 w/Woods L59, Allis Chalmers WD
Jul 19, 2009
Butler, MO
When I got my L175, I bought a new yellow diesel can for it; even though I have about a dozen five and six gallon gas cans around the place. This will help ensure that my daughter doesn't grab the wrong can for it.

I have operated, (and fueled), a lot of diesels and it is easy to make a mistake when the cans are the same color.

Robert

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Here a thought. Could he buy the 18hp motor and use it for parts on the D650 engine block? I cant forsee the injector pump and injectors being all that much different or are they?