yellow and white hose won't connect

joet

Apr 26, 2015
Glenfield,NY
Hi, I am attempting to re-attach my loader after I have put the front snowblower away for the summer and the yellow and white hoses will not attach. I have an L3540... any suggestions would be appreciated

Thank-you,
Joe T

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Hi, I am attempting to re-attach my loader after I have put the front snowblower away for the summer and the yellow and white hoses will not attach. I have an L3540... any suggestions would be appreciated

Thank-you,
Joe T
Make sure they are CLEAN around and on the ends......

with tractor off - see if the ball will move with a screwdriver to release pressure on the end, careful with fluid spray if any.

make sure collar is back completely back too.

Got pictures?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Same advice as 85Hokie
Probably pressure on the lines is preventing them from attaching.
Wrap a rag around the coupler and thump or press the fitting (ball end) to the loader frame to release pressure.
Also clean the fittings on the loader side and lube them.

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
When you are taking off a hydraulic implement relive the hydraulic pressure before disconnecting the hoses. You do this with the tractor off by cycling the the control lever or joystick in all directions. It will be much easier to disconnect and connect the next time.

Larry

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
Take a punch, wrap a shop towel around it, and tap it into the center of each connector. It will relieve any pressure build up in the hoses. Do this with the motor off on the tractor connectors, obviously. Hydraulic fluid under pressure can spray inject (hence the shop towel) under the skin and cause severe injury...:D

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA

Thank-you,
Joe T
Probably just moving the hydraulic control arm in all directions with the engine off will relieve the pressure in the lines and allow you to connect the hoses. It worked for me when I forgot to lock the control arm once.