work shop manual

NEIL G

Equipment
l2550,scraper blade,snowblower
Feb 22, 2009
mt forest,ont.
hi there.Is anyone out there willing to make a copy of their work shop manual for my kubota L2550.They seem so darn expensive to buy new but i realize how valuable they can be Thanks Neil

Reactions: 1 user

Michael

Equipment
Zen Noh ZL1801 Sadly I sold it and a T1400 lawn tractor
Mar 11, 2009
Sedro Woolley, Washington USA
Kubota is rather tight on the control of the workshop manuals. The best I can do is a free parts manual. Go to this link and you can still get that for free.

Www.kubotabooks.com

This is copyright material so a lot of folks shy away from it.

Good luck in the hunt.

Last edited:

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Hey Neil,

The WSM for the L2550 is at least a few hundred pages in length - not something that can easily be converted into electronic format (not that it should be mind you). The price for the repairs manuals is high, but after you have one you will definitely thank yourself! The internet can give you a lot of stuff for free but the finer details of the specs for repairing can only be found in a WSM. A complete service manual and operators manuals are must-have literature for any long-term equipment owner I believe.

Kubota actually has pretty reasonably priced repair manuals - other manufacturers actually price theirs very very high to deter the average Joe from tackling repairs on their own and instead turn them toward their dealers for repairs. I've heard of some service manuals being $300-400+! :eek:

Michael

Equipment
Mar 11, 2009
The L185 WSM that I got for my Kubota was $160.00, for my Kubota T1400 lawn tractor it was only $65.00. In comparsion the technical manual for my John Deere L120 was $90.00 and the manual for my John Deere 2305 was $350.00 but I insisted that the dealer throw it in for free if he wanted the deal, the dealer started to argue and I started to walk out and he folded his hand and threw it in the deal to get me to sign on the dotted line. Both of the JD manuals are on CD's and the printed versions are much higher in price.

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Yah, that's the nice thing about Deere, they have their manuals available on CDROM. Definitely an equipment company that has "stepped into the 21st century" when it comes to their reference literature.

That being said, I know some guys (Vic) that like the ability to lay the paper workshop manual out on the work bench and flip it back and forth. To each his own I guess.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hi Guys: Just web site www.ssbtractor.com --- manuals for L2550 $50 -$60 bucks for the 2550. But I find I get them just as cheap from my dealer. The only thing is,, there is a seperate manual for the loader the mower deck,, parts manual,, service manual.

Michael

Equipment
Mar 11, 2009
Yah, that's the nice thing about Deere, they have their manuals available on CDROM. Definitely an equipment company that has "stepped into the 21st century" when it comes to their reference literature.

That being said, I know some guys (Vic) that like the ability to lay the paper workshop manual out on the work bench and flip it back and forth. To each his own I guess.
For the Kubota manuals I placed them in clear plastic sheet protectors and then in a 3 ring binder. On the JD manuals, I ended up printing them with my printer slowly one page at a time because I printed on one side of the paper then the other and then placing the printed out page in sheet protectors and into a 3 ring binder.

The issue I have is the fact I hate to get something as expensive as a manual greased up with the JD manuals it really is no issue as I could easily reprint any page but I have the habit of not wanting to get greasy fingerprints all over a manual and by putting the pages in the sheet protectors I can simply clean them up with a shop towel. So I guess I am a lot like Vic in the fact I do not have a computer in my shop so I just lay out the repair manual flat on my work bench and can refer to it as needed.