Draw Bar II

pat331

Equipment
L35, mower, bushhog, cement mixer, grader, boxblade, forks, posthole digger
Mar 31, 2009
Ft. Worth, TX
I noted the nice job jb62901 did with his drawbar and thought I'd show the one I constructed about 6 years ago. Since I had the quick hitch, I built the drawbar to fit it. And since I hate to paint and only lived about 15 miles from a place that galvanizes steel, I had both the quick hitch and drawbar galvanized. I realized later that I had no way to hook up my 8,000 lb Warn winch, so I built the hitch receiver to fit over the 2" ball. So far the only thing that has broke was the winch when I tried to winch out a 20" log and it caught on a stump.

Attachments

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
Nice be careful pulling that thing up a hill. :eek:My little b7100 would be doing a wheeley just hooked up to that trailer. Nice hitch thanks for pics.handy

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Very nice build on the draw bar and haulling a goose neck!

I am a little confused about the winch. Where and how was that mounted?

Thanks,
Scott

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Hey thanks Stuart!

Now when I put a winch on the back I just have to use this easy formula :rolleyes:

S is the power in the hauling part.
P is the power gained by the purchase (this is the same as the number of parts at the moving block).
n is the number of sheaves in the purchase.
W is the weight lifted.
10 is the denominator of the fraction for friction. An arbitrary 10%.

Scott

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
There is an easier way to calculate the force needed to lift a known load based on a particular block and pulley system.

Count the number of lines attached to the load pulley this is your mechanical advantage. Example is you are lifting a 1000# load and there are 4 lines attached to the shive pulley attached to the load.... you'll have to muster at least 250+ pounds of pull on the winch to lift the load.

Looking at it in another way... to lift the load 1 foot you'll have to pull the winch rope end 4 feet, i.e. a 4:1 mechanical advantage...:eek:

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
There is an easier way to calculate the force needed to lift a known load based on a particular block and pulley system.

Count the number of lines attached to the load pulley this is your mechanical advantage. Example is you are lifting a 1000# load and there are 4 lines attached to the shive pulley attached to the load.... you'll have to muster at least 250+ pounds of pull on the winch to lift the load.

Looking at it in another way... to lift the load 1 foot you'll have to pull the winch rope end 4 feet, i.e. a 4:1 mechanical advantage...:eek:
Ok, I think I'm with you on this. Looking at this picture the rope is threaded three times on the upper and lower pulleys. So would that count as six?
And if it is six, then a person lifting 1,000 pounds is actually exerting the force of 166.6 pounds. Also he would have to pull the rope six feet to get one foot of lift.

Thanks Butch!

Scott

Will In Tx

Equipment
L3400 HST/FEL, Box Blade, RTV 900 Camo, ZD323 Zreo Turn Pro Mower + More
Mar 21, 2010
Rosharon, TX. USA
Ok, I think I'm with you on this. Looking at this picture the rope is threaded three times on the upper and lower pulleys. So would that count as six?
And if it is six, then a person lifting 1,000 pounds is actually exerting the force of 166.6 pounds. Also he would have to pull the rope six feet to get one foot of lift.

Thanks Butch!

Scott
Yes, the more times you sheave a block the more slowly it will go up or down, etc.. But if you need to do it then it is there for raw working force.
Remeber to check the cables or straps and even rope your using before doing a lift or pull.
http://practicalmaintenance.net/?p=626

Will

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Yes, the more times you sheave a block the more slowly it will go up or down, etc.. But if you need to do it then it is there for raw working force.
Remeber to check the cables or straps and even rope your using before doing a lift or pull.
http://practicalmaintenance.net/?p=626

Will
Hey Will, Thank you very much for that reply. Seems like you would almost need a person to trade off with while hauling something at such a ratio.

The link you provided to that site is very interesting and a keeper for the book mark list.

Thank you,
Scott

Will In Tx

Equipment
L3400 HST/FEL, Box Blade, RTV 900 Camo, ZD323 Zreo Turn Pro Mower + More
Mar 21, 2010
Rosharon, TX. USA
Hey Will, Thank you very much for that reply. Seems like you would almost need a person to trade off with while hauling something at such a ratio.

The link you provided to that site is very interesting and a keeper for the book mark list.

Thank you,
Scott
Traildust

Been a heavy equipment operator before and it included rigging and operating the RT/Tracked crane so I thought I throw it in and glade some one liked it!

Will

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Traildust

Been a heavy equipment operator before and it included rigging and operating the RT/Tracked crane so I thought I throw it in and glade some one liked it!

Will
Will, I knew it! I even had the question asking if you operated cranes in my last post but deleted it. The link you sent so quickly was the give away :D

Scott