Part Suppliers - Opinion

GDT's Kubota

Equipment
B1550HST, MMM, Frt Blade
Dec 12, 2012
York, PA, USA
I am the most recent owner of a B1550 (D850-5B engine). Bought it at an auction so I do not know its history. Long story short, I need a new head. I have been reviewing various posts looking for a supplier of a new head. I see WKYTP mentioned many times, but have not seen much feedback on dealing with them. They have a reworked head with a core charge. Has anyone bought a part with a core charge from them and comment on the process?

Also I ran across:

M&D Mower and Appliance
Oakwood Village, OH 44146

They look legit. Prices are lower than Messick's, Langsley, or Coleman. Only parts I found cheaper are aftermarket.

Has anybody dealt with M&D?

Greg

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Maybe its just me but I get a tad bit leery when I hear mower and appliance in the same name, and they are also able to sell you a cylinder head for a diesel tractor.

GDT's Kubota

Equipment
B1550HST, MMM, Frt Blade
Dec 12, 2012
York, PA, USA
Interesting that their (M&D's) shopper approved rating is a 5 based on 894 reviews (anything is possible on the internet ). Anyway their pricing seemed to be too good (10 - 20% lower).

I will stick with Messicks. I bought my oil and filters there, they are more than helpful in supporting the DIY guys.

Greg

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I'm not knocking them or putting them down but I find it hard for them to offer parts for sale for equipment that they don't even sell or carry in stock. How are they getting Kubota parts when they are not a Kubota tractor dealer?

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Good grief, I just looked up a dynamo I need for my tractor and M&D is the most epensive I've seen so far. They what 238 bucks where ever where else I'm seeing around 200ish.