Zen-Noh ZL1802 FD

Shane

Mar 21, 2009
calhan, CO
Is there a cross to the Kubota model is it a L1802FD. It is a 3cyl 4wd and I beleive that the hydraulic pump is begining to go out. The bucket works fine until everything gets hot then all slowly begins to get worse until all cools off again. ANY Ideas ??

Shane

Mar 21, 2009
calhan, CO
Vic,
All new filters no sludge or anything found. any other idea's. it has a NAPA 1344 filter. Wrong filter?

Last edited:

darve5

Equipment
ZL1801DT, B7300, CIH 275 FWD and several implements
May 10, 2009
friendswood tx.
Shane,

From Kubota, or me, which ever is closer. You need part number 38430-37710, and it fits everything from a skid steer to a mini backhoe with a hydraulic system and a Kubota engine!

What happened to the old one? Rinse it out and reuse it!
Have the same tractor, same problem, replaced with a 38430-37710, still no lift to fel. Suggestions?

darve5

Equipment
ZL1801DT, B7300, CIH 275 FWD and several implements
May 10, 2009
friendswood tx.
fluid level up to engine shaft ,looks good, have leak on rear hub, so oil is added and checked for each use. will drain and then fix hub, change oil and see what happens. where would the sight glass be located?

conquistador

Equipment
L2050DT and Hopefully Soon M5660 SUHD
Apr 15, 2009
South Central KY
Hey Vic, how far up on the engine shaft should the fluid be? Touching the base of it, midway up, covering it? (I have a Kubota L2050)

You did a great job explaining how to clean the sight glass to me a few weeks ago. It worked well. I'm just curious should it get dirty again and I want a quick peek without having to go through the steps of cleaning it.

Thanks!

AussieLes

Equipment
l1802dt
Oct 23, 2013
Victoria Australia
Hi Guys

New to the forum , joined just now after reading this thread .

Have had a l1802 dt for a week ... FEL fitted .

Day one FEL seemed fine , hour or so of work

Day 2 , VERY slow once warmed up , groaning and jerky in lift.

Following this thread I have removed the filter and checked fluid levels .

Fluid level is correct , the fluid is a Chocolate colour , no idea re age .

There was some sign of non metallic crud in the fluid drained from the filter .
The filter itself looks like a consumable , but this thread indictaes is a washable unit , Is that correct ? It looks like a typicla oil filter cartridge with a nut ( 25 odd mm ) on top , Is it just wire mesh inside the cartridge ?

What else should I check/suspect re the hydraulics , the hour meter indicates 600 hours , I can only guess that is since remanufacturing process ? Would anyone have some exploded diagrams that would assist If I wanted to remove the hydraulic pump ?

Thanking you ... Les Melb orne Orstraliaaaa :D

AussieLes

Equipment
l1802dt
Oct 23, 2013
Victoria Australia
Update if it assists anyone in the future .

Fluid replaced , ( used Kubota udt ) and filter washed out .

Hydraulics are back to working at least as well as when purchased a week ago . It is still I bit jerky and sticking on the fel when lowering .

I am not sure re the filter , it may well be a consumable that was on there , it may have been the original . It appeared to be just mesh inside , but hard to tell , so reused .
I drained from 2 drain points , one on the rear diff , one about the middle of tunnel under the engine . I wasn't sure which was the drain point for the front diff , so left it . I changed 17 litres, I don't know what the capacity is .

The sight glass showing as correct .

Thanks to those who provided the historic info , very helpful .
Cheers Les

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Les,
On some models there are pick-up screens on the beginning of the pick up line. If it's still giving you issues, try and get a manual and see if there are pickup screens.

AussieLes

Equipment
l1802dt
Oct 23, 2013
Victoria Australia
Thank you wolfman and Vic for the Tips and Info . Very helpful .

I will certainly visit the lube points , and suspect you may be right re some air in the system , it has had minimal use since the fluid change , but it is certainly 100 times better than it was .

The stand up canister filter , is this truly serviceable by washing (this is what I did ) or is it a consumable ? Happy to buy a filter :D but don't want to waste $ or more importantly fit the wrong item .

Ram damage , I hope not , I suspect it would jerky both ways in that case ?

This is inclined to be a bit jerky and yes , creeky just on the lowering , Lift with bucket full of clay and it seems smooth . But park it up for the day the empty bucket will creak down and jerk in its last couple of feet of movement .

Thanks again to you both , totally green to these machines and keen to keep it running top shelf , so much appreciated.