Rolled b3200 on side and engine is locked up?

Marc

Equipment
B3200
Oct 10, 2009
NEWBURY,OH
Please help.. My new b3200 has 10 hrs on it. I had a gentle slow rollover on frozen ground with zero damage to me or the machine cosmetically. Engine was turned off with in 2 seconds of roll over at low idle when it happened. Took about 10 min with come along to flip back. Now engine will not crank. Battery is fine it tried but seems locked up. Did fuel or oil fill the cylinders? Rolled to the left side. Do I pull the Glow Plugs and free up or? Thanks in advance I feel so stupid but it happened so fast...

Randyj

Equipment
B9200D / BF350 Kubota Loader / L-4530B Kubota Backhoe w - subframe / LP GS1548
Sep 17, 2009
Northern Indiana
I doubt the engine being "locked up". Did you try to turn the engine by hand at the fan blade ? You may have to push down slightly on the fan belt while turning the fan blade.:)

More than likely it's some "safety" somewhere.

Marc

Equipment
B3200
Oct 10, 2009
NEWBURY,OH
Randi,

I can not turn the fan by hand. The starter cranked it a 1/2 inch and then it seemed to bounce back to it's original position like it is under pressure. I do not want to bend a rod by trying to start it or crank it over on the balancer bolt. If it's a safety it is causing binding all the controls are ok not bent and the Pto's are not engaged...?

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Remove the air cleaner and hose to the intake manifold and remove any oil there .Remove the glow plugs and roll that engine over by hand. Once you are sure it is turning ok you can roll it with the starter. after it stops throwing oil out the glow plug holes you can reinstall them and start it. You may be lucky and have not bent any rods yet. ANYTIME you upset a diesel engine you should remove the glow plugs or injectors before you try to start it!!
The engine oil has migrated up the crankcase vent which is into the intake manifold on the B3200.
As an aside to this you can have the same thing happen when you change oil by putting the oil in to fast.

Marc

Equipment
B3200
Oct 10, 2009
NEWBURY,OH
Thank you ESERV and all,

I already checked the air cleaner and it was dry but I did pull the Glow Plugs. Not too bad a job. Oil sure was down in the rear cylinders mostly 3rd one back. After that the oil hit the hood under major pressure. Put it all back fired right up and runs great! Need to add a little oil but she is real quiet and smoke stopped. I think I was lucky. Thanks for the advice