My heart goes out

Iowan

Equipment
Kubota's
Apr 29, 2012
North central Iowa
My heart goes out to the teachers, parents, and kids in Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown Conn.

Last edited:

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
My heart goes out to the teathers, parenets, and kids in Sandy Hook Elementry School in Newtown Conn.
Same here, Iowan. There was also an incident in China where a man injured a bunch of children with a knife. It is unimaginable to me to have such a calloused indifference to life, and attack children.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
No one knows the logic in the mind of a mad man,,, heart breaking to say the least

Dennis T.

Jan 30, 2012
Minnesota USA
I fear our Second Amendment Rights of the people to keep and bear Arms, will take a hit because of these continuing atrocities with assault weapons. All 'responsible citizens' realize something will need to be done to stop the increasingly number of deranged minds from acquiring such lethal firepower to slaughter dozens of innocent children in only seconds.

Back in my day, I can remember taking my dad's bolt action 22 rifle into school for gun safety training. We talked with our teacher about how to unload the chamber to cross fences safely, to be sure to get permission to hunt and not trespass. And to remember to treat all guns as always loaded, and to be sure our target was 'not' human!

PRF

Dec 9, 2012
Connecticut
Just heartsick over this tragedy, just 30 miles down the road... Thoughts and prayers for all the families and others whose lives were torn apart today.

bosshogg

Equipment
2004 L3400F w/ FEL
Aug 16, 2012
Hartford, SD, USA
When I was in high school in the 70s, many kids would bring their shotguns in and store them in their lockers during classes. On their way home they would road hunt for pheasants. Nobody was alarmed seeing kids walking down the hallway with a gun and nobody was shot in the school building so apparently it isn't the guns causing the problems. We have spent decades removing morality and religious doctrine in the public schools. Maybe a little more fear of God and attention to the 10 Commandments could actually be beneficial.

Dennis T.

Jan 30, 2012
Minnesota USA
When I was in high school in the 70s, many kids would bring their shotguns in and store them in their lockers during classes. On their way home they would road hunt for pheasants. Nobody was alarmed seeing kids walking down the hallway with a gun and nobody was shot in the school building so apparently it isn't the guns causing the problems. We have spent decades removing morality and religious doctrine in the public schools. Maybe a little more fear of God and attention to the 10 Commandments could actually be beneficial.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_United_States_military_operations

A Nation in perpetual War i.e. 'Military Industrial Complex' and a Media that glorifies violence as well as easy access to assault weapons, throw in a few spin zone hate radio stations and you have a melting pot for creating "ultraviolent" youth . Don't expect "a little more fear of God " to fix that my friend.

bosshogg

Equipment
2004 L3400F w/ FEL
Aug 16, 2012
Hartford, SD, USA
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_United_States_military_operations

A Nation in perpetual War i.e. 'Military Industrial Complex' and a Media that glorifies violence as well as easy access to assault weapons, throw in a few spin zone hate radio stations and you have a melting pot for creating "ultraviolent" youth . Don't expect "a little more fear of God " to fix that my friend.

Perhaps you could show me where removing it has helped anything. Assault weapons are no more dangerous then any deer rifle and in most cases less dangerous since they have nowhere near the accuracy. I own many "assault weapons" and none of them has killed anyone. It isn't the gun...it is the mentally disturbed person with the gun that has been protected by our courts and allowed to roam in our society.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Re: Drugs are the weapon not guns!

You know I am getting so sick and tired of heard about how God could do this or he could have saved that and God and prayer are taken out of the school system. If God was such a great man and protector then he wouldnt allow such hanus acts to happen to begin with and he would protect all. I have picked up a bible and read it cover to cover and yet have seen any actual proof that God ever existed.

And NO medication is not the answer either, that stuff screws you up worse then what the initial treatment is for.

People go bastshit crazy and do stupid things all the time. Taking guns out of the picture only eliminates one weapon. And there are so many other things that can be used to kill someone. Lets ban knives because on the same day a man in China stabbed some 23 people with a knife.

As much as it sucks there isn't much we can do to completely stop such acts of violence but we can be better prepared in the future if it happens again. There are millions of registered gun owners in this nation that have killed NO ONE TODAY.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Perhaps you could show me where removing it has helped anything. Assault weapons are no more dangerous then any deer rifle and in most cases less dangerous since they have nowhere near the accuracy. I own many "assault weapons" and none of them has killed anyone. It isn't the gun...it is the mentally disturbed person with the gun that has been protected by our courts and allowed to roam in our society.
Now you know we can't blame the mentally disturbed person. It might hurt somebodies little feelers. Oh, I know!!! Lets blame the assault weapons, lets blame high cap magazines, blame little debbies, blame cheese burgers. Lets blame everything but the person who did the crime. That's what is wrong now, the blame doesn't get put where it truely needs to be. The news media doesn't get rating talking about mentally disturbed person. They sure love to start fires about guns so they can blow smoke up stupid peoples asses.

Wild and Free

Equipment
B2150 HSD w/Case L340 fel 68" quicktach bkt, 60" jinma snowblower, box scraper
Oct 25, 2012
North Dakota
Now you know we can't blame the mentally disturbed person. It might hurt somebodies little feelers. Oh, I know!!! Lets blame the assault weapons, lets blame high cap magazines, blame little debbies, blame cheese burgers. Lets blame everything but the person who did the crime. That's what is wrong now, the blame doesn't get put where it truely needs to be. The news media doesn't get rating talking about mentally disturbed person. They sure love to start fires about guns so they can blow smoke up stupid peoples asses.
Hold on guys and look at the bigger picture. Guns should not even be the debate here or accross the nation.

Our medical industry and big pharma who has the government officials in their back pockets are the issue.

Just throwing out the figure that probably say 40% of todays kids have been on some sort of phycotropic medication since say 3+ years old and have been shown and proven to cause more phsycological and overall health issues that it is mind boggling.

Look at almost every mass shooting out there and they pretty much have one common denominator.

They have all been on some kind of mental medication because everything on the planet is considered a disease or disorder..................The answer just add more pills, mix more pills in and then after brain damage that never existed because kids can't be kids anymore you wind up with these situations.............all drug induced.

Look at the bigger picture guys. Call and spread the word about this to your local radio talk shows and news paper opinion sections senators and congressmen and get the issue narrowed down to the source here guys. It needs to start at the source.

The government doesn't want to ackowldge the issue of drugs being the cause because every politician in gov has some ties to big pharma which funds a large portion of their election campaigns and other propaganda.

Keep the focus on guns and the main issue is easily overlooked, the lamestream media is the same, probably 50% of their advertising money comes from drug commercials.

They will not cut their own income streams by pointing out the root cause of all the issues, instead they look at the tool being used.

Yes Government has to be in the picture but we the people have to drag them into the picture and get the corrupt crony capitalism driven politics out of government.

Let kids be kids. 99% of the issue is the bad diet and lack of having a way to naturally burn off the energy every small critter is born with, Can't sit still and focus huh here take these pills and play this video game , It just pisses me off to no end that some parents have absolutely no common sense anymore and are open to letting their kids be a human experiment.

Last edited:

Iowan

Equipment
Kubota's
Apr 29, 2012
North central Iowa
My wife and one daughter are special ed teachers, I have grand kids in grade school, a daughter in high school another daughter in collage. We have all been to schools, collages, strip malls, movie theaters and places of worship were these things happen. Unfortunately we are all vulnerable so lets hope it never happens again.

My original post was to express compassion for the victim's and there family's and was hoping the rest of you could also. Much to my surprise it turned into a bunch a knuckle dragging gun tote-rs having a pissing match for whatever reason.

Last edited:

Dennis T.

Jan 30, 2012
Minnesota USA

Your welcome, people want answers so I research info to get folks aimed in the right direction.:)
You had me there for a minute until I read up on this fruit cake ! ... It's no wonder people can't find solutions to problems..... they would rather follow the rants of a lunatic, rather then think critically for them selves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Jones_(radio_host)

Last edited:

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va

This is really getting to be utter BULLSHIT, us on here and the entire Nation want to point the blame on something. Why, just to try and have an answer to the problem at had.

NO banning guns or assault weapons is NOT the answer. Why because the only thing that's going to stop a bad man with a gun is a good guy with a gun.

And to the stupid shit about medication in our youth, do I need to remind you all that the September 11th attacks on this Nation were carried out buy a group of grown adults with box cutters and air planes.

Instead of coming up with halfass excuses and point the blame in any direction we can, why don't we do what ever means necessary to prevent this event and more from occurring in the future.

Evil people exist. They always will, some people are simply born broken. They want to rape, hurt, kill or whatever. You can prepair for them, look out for them, and do your best to be vigilant. But you CAN'T legislate them or council them not to be broken.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
BAN ASSAULT WEAPONS!
I can assault people with a knife, a frying pan, a baseball bat, a box truck with diesel fuel and fertilizer. Further more I can assault people with a bow and arrow or picking up a brick and hitting them in the head with it. Lets just ban everything there is to ban that could possibly kill somebody. Hell if your Maguyver you can do it with a rubber band and a paper clip....

PRF

Dec 9, 2012
Connecticut
I can only speak for myself, but I'm just trying to make sense of all this, and guess what ?? It makes no sense .. Banning guns is not the answer, nor is arming teachers.. I don't think anything can prevent someone hell bent on creating chaos ..

I can't help but think the younger generation has become somewhat de-sensitized to violence.. I don't think video games where you can blow someone's brains out helps much, or some of the crap on TV these days...

I'm turning off all news reports.. I'm not going to contribute to the sensationalism .. My best friends mom and brother live on Main Street in sandy hook, and they can't go outside without a crowd of reporters rushing over trying to score the next sound bite ...

I've read the list of the murdered ones names, and couldn't stop tears seeing 14 six year olds, and 6 seven year olds as well as the adults... There's a lot of evil in the world, and I can only hope that all those souls have a better go of it in the next life..

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
RDF I can't even begin to tell ya how sorry I am about this whole thing. It just makes me sick and I am a former Military Police and Infantry troop so nothing is supposed to rattle me, but this did. Wy wife and I are in the process of adopting a soon to be 8 year old girl and her 6 1/2 year old brother. Today when I saw the news report and they listed birth years of 2005 and 2006 my heart just sank even lower as those are the same years as our kids.

My heart and prayers goes out those families who got the worst news possible.