B7800 rear wheel weights.

Hodgy

Equipment
B7800, front blade, box blade, subsoiler & 3 PTH snowblower
Apr 19, 2019
Canada
Just bought a 06' B7800 that does not have holed in the rims to mount rear wheel weights.

Has anyone found a solution to this other than fluid in the tires ?

SRG

Equipment
B8200D 4WD........ JD 870, FWA, 300x FEL.......... JD 797, 72" Z-Trak
Jul 15, 2017
N. IL
I've seen where guys have made a plate that bolts to the lug pattern, and has a bar that sticks out, to hold barbell weights.

Hodgy

Equipment
Apr 19, 2019
Canada
Keep your 3 pt blower on all year. :)

Dave

Don't need weight in the summer, need it in the winter when blowing snow. Although with the 4WD I may not need to add weight, we'll see.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
WHy do you not want to load the tires? It is cheap easy and adds stability and traction to your beast.

Hodgy

Equipment
Apr 19, 2019
Canada
WHy do you not want to load the tires? It is cheap easy and adds stability and traction to your beast.

I have calcium in my TEA-20 and yes as far as weight goes it works. If you have a leaking valve core or puncture it gets messy. The tire shops charge a clean-up premium to handle tires with calcium. Also there is no way to reduce the weight of the tire and rim when handling.

keithcoady

Equipment
Kubota B7800 60 inch mmm, 60 inch normand blower, and 60 inch blade
Dec 11, 2016
Nova Scotia Canada
Hodgy, congrats on the b7800 - I have one as well, think mine is an 07 I've had it 3 years now and love it.

I too looked at adding weights but was steered away from that decision by a kubota mechanic who said it's possible to cause damage to the rear axle if spinning the rears with wheel weights.

So I added 220 lbs of -40 windshield washer fluid to each rear tire. It's made a huge difference when snowblowing on steep driveways.

My neighbor's driveway is even steeper than mine and any wet snow I could only get up halfway even in low and 4 wheel drive. Since filling the tires I can go up in 2 wd most of the time.

Greater stability as well.

Are they heavy to handle? Yes, but not that bad if you keep them close to the floor when taking them off and on. I'm 62 and have had them on and off myself.

I have the owners and service manuals for the B7800 as well if you're interested.

Keith

Hodgy

Equipment
Apr 19, 2019
Canada

Thanks for the comment Keith. I had thought about WW antifreeze also. That must be a few $$$ for that !

I think I will wait and see how I do this coming winter without fluid or weights. I don't have any grades to blow snow on and Alberta snow is dry and fluffy for the most part. Not like that heart attack crap you guys get.

Best thing is I will be in a heated cab this winter.