Another Light Bar Setup

Watchwldr

Equipment
B2650, La534 FEL, Land Pride STB1072 Snow Blade, Home Made 600#Ballast Box
Jun 17, 2018
Coatesville Pa USA
I've been checking posts and doing a lot of thinking about how/what to do about mounting some off road lights to my B2650. I think I copied a little something off several folks out there and I thank everyone who has posted their setups. While shopping at the mega hardware store my wife saw the waterproof switchbox and we came up with this idea. Two switches, one forward and one rear. By mounting them right up there on my mounting bracket I avoided putting holes on the dash, and was able to use the hot leads provided on the tractor. There are 15 holes in the mounting plate! And I chamfered each one to help eliminate rough edges. Still have to neaten up the wires and hit some of the shrink wrap with the heat gun but so far I'm satisfied with the result. And 7200 lumens should brighten things up when the sun beats me to bed! George

Note: When previewing this, I see some of the images are rotated. Hopefully our moderator can rotate them for me since I can't figure out how to do it. Thanks!

Attachments

beaterboss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901, LA525-FEL, BMLX-3164 3pt Blower, 72" Coteck Sno Pusher, 60" Box Blade
Feb 20, 2017
St.Francois,New Brunswick. Canada
Nice work !! Looks like you used a method that I used to mount the lights. U-Bolts and a metal or Aluminum plate for the lights. I know I love how it works for me, hope it works out for you too.

Watchwldr

Equipment
B2650, La534 FEL, Land Pride STB1072 Snow Blade, Home Made 600#Ballast Box
Jun 17, 2018
Coatesville Pa USA
Thanks!
I freely admit to using some of the great ideas I saw on these forums and do thank those who generously share their ideas.
I just checked out the lights in the dark and man do they light up the world! A little bonus is that the forward facing one gives me just enough of a glow in the seat to see all the controls. And the rear facing one really lets me see what I'm backing into!
I used 3/8" plate for the base and put pieces of 1/4" thick rubber between the spacer blocks and the ROPS bar. Also used rubber washers on each side of the base plate to help isolate the lights themselves, in an attempt to dampen vibration. It must have worked, cause I see no vibration while I'm driving. I don't know if it showed up in the pics, but the nuts on the bottom of the u-bolts are the locking type. I put regular ones on at first to see if I needed to change anything since they'd be easier to spin off in case I decided to make changes. Once I'm sure this is the right configuration I'll switch to the lock nuts one at a time.
Again, sorry for the sideways pics-- I promise they were right side up when I was putting this post together and hopefully they'll get rotated correctly.