G2160 Go Pedal Not Well Designed

perryg114

Jul 6, 2018
Huntsville, AL
Just bought a used G2160 and I like it ok accept the seat and the go pedal. The thing is too high off the floor and your foot has to be extended all the way to get it to travel at a normal speed. I much prefer the two pedal design of my B7800. I was thinking of adding some material on top of the pedal to make it easier to use. Alternatively, I could make a new pedal that was angled properly. Yes I can take my heal off the pedal and it is easier to use but then I don't have reverse capability with my foot off to the right side.

The suspension seat bottoms out pretty easily and is not made for someone over 200lbs. I am working on a solution to that as well.

Anyone had any of these issues and if so, what did you do to fix them?

Perry

K.P.

Equipment
B7300, LA272 FEL, B2650, 8160 Ballast, G2460G Mower, Danuser 20/40, Woods RB60
Aug 11, 2010
Cary, IL
I have the same tractor but the 2460 gas version. Have you tried the seat adjustments forward and back to get in better angle position for the peddle? I sit more forward which also helps with the seat absorbtion. I really like the setup except I don't heal and toe it. I use my toe for forward and reverse. I'm 205 and was able to get a seat tension setting that works OK for me but really cranked on that sucker. Its still not as nice a ride as my B Series tractor. Overall a great mower though. I've been really happy with it. Just wish it was diesel.

perryg114

Jul 6, 2018
Huntsville, AL
I really like the diesel. It has tons of power and even though this one has been abused buy never changing the oil. It still runs like new and does not smoke. It will get Rotella T6 from now on. The 21HP sears that we have now is a joke compared to this 21 HP diesel. Also it takes about 3 gallons of gas compared to 1/2 to 1/3 that with the diesel. I can probably mow grass for a month with this thing being diesel and the 6 gal tank. I have to fill the sears every time and it takes more than half of a 5 gal can. I am making constant trips to get more gas.

Perry