Chain Saw Holder

baronetm

Equipment
L3901HST w/FEL, 3rd fnct. BH77 BH, 5' Bushhog, 6' BBL, 42" Forks, WoodMaxx WM-8H
Apr 19, 2017
South Central VT.
Since I have gained a lot of knowledge and some great ideas from you guys I thought I would share one of mine. My version of a chain saw holder mounted on my L-3901. Since the placement of the FEL controls prohibits mounting or dismounting from the right side I though it’s a great place to mount a chain saw.
My version is made from Uni-strut components with a wooden sleeve press fit into the uni-strut. This holder easily accommodates a 20 plus inch bar. It is mounted with a Rubber pad between the mounting plate and the floor board using existing holes. I am looking at modifying it by adding an ax holder to the outside and quart size fuel and oil containers on the inside. Sorry the photo orientation changed during upload.

Attachments

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Nicely done. Looking forward to seeing how you do the ax and fuel can

baronetm

Equipment
L3901HST w/FEL, 3rd fnct. BH77 BH, 5' Bushhog, 6' BBL, 42" Forks, WoodMaxx WM-8H
Apr 19, 2017
South Central VT.
How is it holding up with the vibration from the tractor?
I have not had any issue with what I would consider excessive vibration or movement. I am thinking of placing another support bracket from the top of the saw holder to the mounting bolts of my third function valve support bracket, just to add a little more rigidity. Thank you for your question, it reminded me to add this to my todo list.