What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

maclean

Equipment
BX25D
Jun 25, 2014
Lowell, Or
Skidded logs in preparation for getting a self loader out to haul them to the mill.

O-rings on the grapple are holding...I don't think I tightened the first set enough.

baronetm

Equipment
L3901HST w/FEL, 3rd fnct. BH77 BH, 5' Bushhog, 6' BBL, 42" Forks, WoodMaxx WM-8H
Apr 19, 2017
South Central VT.
My septic tank was replaced after a 1 ton dump truck backed onto it before the house was even built. The concrete walls were pored, the tank set and plumbed thru the wall. The contractor was pouring the cellar floor and backed his truck onto the tank while attempting to dropping his power float into the cellar, the tank is 18”-20” below the finished grade, so nothing drives over my tank.
I also pump my 750 gallon tank every 5 years, it’s the grease and sludge on the top that concerns me. The inlet on my tank starts to back up if I go six plus years. My tank is on the edge of the shrubs and in the flowers beds around my home to limit any need to travel over it. This past spring I dug up all three covers and had the tank pumped. I also put tank risers over all three access covers, as I get older I do not want to dig dirt by hand and now I only need to clear off 4 inches of mulch to remove the covers for access to my tank.

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Dug around an old maple stump, and cut all the roots. Still won't come loose.

Also broke my Titan Forks moving the 10ft sections of 12" maple log. The u channel with the clamps separated due to crappy welds, so I reinforced it with angle iron and some slightly better welds.

My DIY SafTLok for the 3pt backhoe didn't take into account the oil filter being in the way, so I also have to remake the diagonal braces...

AndyM

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25DTLB
Sep 21, 2016
Vancouver Island Canada
Had a water problem so a drainage trench became the to-do task. Didn't want a trench the width of the bucket so a trencher attachment became the project.

I admit I have fun coming up with a way of doing this stuff with the parts and pieces I have around. It's not industrial strength for sure, but seems to meet my needs.

I re-purposed a pair of box blade scarifiers into a bracket of 1/2" steel pinned to my backhoe trailer hitch. (yes rube goldberg would be proud).

Attachments

LwhiteAH64

Equipment
L3901DT, LA525, LP RCF2060, LP BB1260, Yanmar 220 Diesel w/KK 60 Rotary Cutter
Jul 16, 2018
Dade City, Fl
My new L3901DT arrived yesterday morning g. Afterwards, I checked all the fluids and put almost 5 hours on it bush hogging and playing!!

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
Put on the 3-point finish and mowed the weeds. (some call it lawn)
Then hosed it down and parked it back in the garage.

JeepinMaxx

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2660, LA243 FEL, RCK54P-23BX MMM, BX2751 QH Subframe, BX2750D 50" Blower
Mar 27, 2018
Columbia, CT
Mowed some 2 foot grass behind my out building with my MMM (didn't work well - I think need to add brush hog to my list of imlements!) Practiced a back blade technique on a corner of my property so I can store my Jeep Hard Top

As a fairly new Tractor owner - I'm just getting used to it (finally figured out the "float mode" on this tractor!

Beaudeane

Equipment
MX5800, LA1065, BH92, BB72X, RT72.40, EA 60 in grapple, county line auger
Mar 9, 2018
Dalton, Ga
Did my 50 hour service at 51.2 hours. Then put 5 more hours on it grading off the bank behind the house

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Did some general yard cleanup of deadfall etc, then dug out a path and patio area, put some sand in it, and laid a brick patio with pathway. The old Kubota was an absolute backsaver!

mjrwood

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501DT, MX4700,RTV400ci,Z411KW
Oct 21, 2017
Wellington, AL USA
Today I mowed a few of my food plots to get them ready to spray while my son tackled some fence lines. It's getting that time of year where I have to concentrate to NOT be constantly thinking about the upcoming deer season :eek:

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
After mowing a clear strip to the side of my 18' by 400' long runway (with 61' of vert drop, at 5600' ASL) with the L3301 and the flail mower, I rented a trencher (because using the U25, even with the smallest bucket, would have tore more things more then I needed just for 1" poly line) and got to work. No rocks, but this time year the dirt is rock hard, one good thing about the trencher is it pulverized the ground, so easy to backfill, the mini would have scooped up big clumps.

Then after laying the main lines (two circuits, due to my pressure pump limitations and the fall) I went to tie in the first sprinkler (180 degree coverage, 18' of throw, spaced 18' on center) and then realized I'd need to hand dig the required hole for the sprinkler head, as their location is offset from the main line 16". No big deal I figured, a 12" by 12" hole about 10" deep, I just grabbed a shovel.

2 minutes later, and sweating heavily with only a small divot in the ground, I remembered I had recently bought a mini excavator......and it was 94 degrees out, so I got the U25 out and walked it down the line and made short work of it, 21 holes, and I didn't even break a sweat! After the first hole, where the dirt came out in one big solid clump (hard to backfill with) I used the bucket to slice the hole rather then one big scoop, so much easier to backfill.

The runway is not watered by my domestic well, but from a spring about 700' and 80' lower away. The L3301 and the mini were instrumental in first discovering this spring (while I was putting in a mountain bike trail on a steep wooded section of my 40 acres), then digging it out and setting it up. A small solar powered pump pushes the water up into a 750 gallon storage tank in one corner of my hangar, which is good for a good soaking of one circuit. Then a day later I do it again. I can also choose to augment the slow output of the spring in refilling the storage tank with my well, if I want to speed things up. Now, the native grasses won't dry out and get dusty mid summer, especially where I touchdown each time, it will be interesting to see the change after repeated watering versus NO watering.....the sprinklers are pop up type so no hazard running into one. A fun project, and after just a couple days the change is already visible, and audible, instead of the grass crinkling when walked on (dried out) now it's silent and the surface is not rock hard but slightly cushy.

Attachments

Brick Axelrod

Equipment
L5460, BH92, RCR1872, FDR2572.RTVX1100c
Apr 12, 2018
South Carolina
Helped out.a friend of mine, pulled 16 tree stumps in his back yard. After the stumps we dug 8 trenches, 1 for a water line and 7 drains. Put 10 hours on the machine today.

JeepinMaxx

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2660, LA243 FEL, RCK54P-23BX MMM, BX2751 QH Subframe, BX2750D 50" Blower
Mar 27, 2018
Columbia, CT
It was muggy and buggy today so before I mowed the lawn I mounted magnets on my Ryobi 18V battery operated fan - kept me cool and kept the bugs out of my face!

Reactions: 1 user