Another L3800 Canopy Light Thread

bambam31

Equipment
L3800HST 4x4,R1,FEL, 6'disc, 5'bush hog,piranhaTB,6'grader,6'rake, 48"forks
Apr 3, 2014
Mobile, AL
I've had my LED lights for about 9 months and I just got around to installing them. I decided to run them directly to the battery instead of tying into the factory work light wires. I ended up having a lot of excess wire form the harness I purchased. After some use, I may end up moving some things around so I didn't want to short myself from the get go.

I can't weld so I mounted the lights to a treated 1"x6" and painted it black.

[/url]Untitled

I ran the excess wiring to the back of the mounting plate because I lave a lot of limbs that impact the ROPS and the underside of the canopy. Lots of tight spaces at the camp.
[/url]Untitled

I mounted the switch, relay and fuse under the dash. I may end up cutting a hole for the switch in the future.
Untitled

[/url]Untitled
[/url]

sgtboz

Equipment
Kubota L3800/L3940, BH77/BH90 Backhoes, www.bozhog.com
Sep 11, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK
www.bozhog.com
Well done, my man! That looks great. I'm so glad I learned how to weld as it's always coming in handy. However, there's almost always a way to solve a problem with the tools/skills that you have available at the time.

bambam31

Equipment
L3800HST 4x4,R1,FEL, 6'disc, 5'bush hog,piranhaTB,6'grader,6'rake, 48"forks
Apr 3, 2014
Mobile, AL
Well done, my man! That looks great. I'm so glad I learned how to weld as it's always coming in handy. However, there's almost always a way to solve a problem with the tools/skills that you have available at the time.
Thank you sir! I love tinkering with tractor.