Where are the good used ones?

chuckb50

Feb 20, 2009
Ontario
Hey, it's me again ... still doing my homework and trying to find a good quality tractor for the best price I can. Already found out I'm going to be paying well past 10k for tractor in the 30hp range with a loader.

I was at an auction recently and there were a couple of the gray market tractors. They all started and moved. These were not good looking tractors. Someone painted them with a vaccuum and most had obviouse leaking of who knows what. A B5000 without loader, smallish size, went for about $4800 but the L2808 with a loader went for $14,000. Knocked my socks off!

Question: Seriously, is this what I'm going to get for my money or am I just looking in the wrong places?

Chuck

steve

Equipment
B7100HST, B5001DT/B5100DT, JD-111H, Chevy K2500 DuraMax, CJ-5, CJ-7, TJ jeeps
Feb 17, 2009
Henniker. NH, USA
Chuck
I found my B5001 on Craig's list. Small tractor that doesn't leak for $1800 USD. Couldn't be happier!
Steve

Michael

Equipment
Zen Noh ZL1801 Sadly I sold it and a T1400 lawn tractor
Mar 11, 2009
Sedro Woolley, Washington USA
I was at an auction recently and there were a couple of the gray market tractors. They all started and moved. These were not good looking tractors. Someone painted them with a vaccuum and most had obviouse leaking of who knows what. A B5000 without loader, smallish size, went for about $4800 but the L2808 with a loader went for $14,000. Knocked my socks off!

Question: Seriously, is this what I'm going to get for my money or am I just looking in the wrong places?

Chuck
What was that guy smoking for that price for a B5000 and 14K. I would continue to check out the gray market dealers in your area and craiglist. There is no reason that you can not find something in your price range that is reasonable shape.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
OK here is my two cents worth. First time or money. You can do all you want to do with something like a B7200. But it will take more time than a bigger tractor. Bigger tractor less time, more money. I paid $4500 for my B8200 Hydro the tin is rough but the tractor is good. Again looks are expensive too. If you stick around 20 to 25 hp you should be able to buy a tractor with loader for less than $10.000. Again with the butts -curb the curb appeal, if it starts runs and does everything that it is supposed to do and the price is reasonable then buy it. You are in Ontario, Me too (mountforest) Try WWW.Kijiji.ca and search Kubota. You are probably already familiar with it but I figured I'd put it in there. Good Luck and keep us posted.