Kubota BX rear receiver hitch

Polishammer

Jul 22, 2014
Atlanta, GA
So, as probably everyone else on this planet, once I got my tractor I started to look for a frame mounter rear receiver hitch. After looking around I found out that average price for such contraption is around $100. Lots of $$$ for piece of metal. So off I went to HF and got one of their bumper hitches for whooping $16 out the door. Normaly they go for $30, but with discount and coupon they are dirt cheep.
Got it home did a few mods and about 2 hours and 4 beers later it is all done.

Here are few pics.

As it came from HF

Oh yeah, as with everything, few helping hands to make the job a bit.... longer :D

Now to the measuring, cutting and drilling part...

And here it is finished

Not bad for $16 and few hours of play time with kids. I think I have answered 187 "why?" questions once all was done and said... ;)

lamanated

Equipment
BX
May 2, 2013
Zephyrhills Fl
I did the same thing..I bolted a tow hook off a truck on as well , comes in handy,,
Take your lights off the roll bar, and put a 24" led strip on, cost $8 and you'll never break one off now.
I posted on a skid plate I made also.

tcrote5516

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, 50" Front Blower, Heated Cab, 6' blade, 3pt carry all, 3pt hitch
Sep 2, 2014
Southern New Hampshire
Great idea and nicely done! Just a thought, but that location is super low (which may work for your towing but wouldn't for my snowmobile trailer for instance). If you take the ball off the hitch insert and flip it over you will pick up another 2" of height.

If you bought, say a 5" drop hitch and did the same you would pick up a total of 7"!

Again great job.

Polishammer

Jul 22, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Yes the receiver is very low so most of the time im using one mounted on the 3 point hitch. But, it is nice to have one there for shackle mount or when i use typical garden tractor tool with pin style hitch (dont know how you call it)

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
So, as probably everyone else on this planet, once I got my tractor I started to look for a frame mounter rear receiver hitch. After looking around I found out that average price for such contraption is around $100. Lots of $$$ for piece of metal. So off I went to HF and got one of their bumper hitches for whooping $16 out the door. Normaly they go for $30, but with discount and coupon they are dirt cheep.

Here are few pics.

As it came from HF

Oh yeah, as with everything, few helping hands to make the job a bit.... longer :D

Not bad for $16 and few hours of play time with kids. I think I have answered 187 "why?" questions once all was done and said... ;)

Every time you explained WHY to those boys, those engineering neurons in their heads are connecting !!! Hopefully when they use it 10 years from now to get their cars unstuck they will remember ....why.......... :)

and as for those 4 beers, I think I use that to lube the few neurons in MY BRAIN that I have left:D:D:D...... where is that lube gun....oh yeah - in the ridge!:eek:

nice job!

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Nice, my reciever is built into a three point bracket,with two extra pockets for square tubes i use for pallets.

The hitch for a drawbar would be safer in some cases. Heavy trailers in particular.

Polishammer

Jul 22, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Every time you explained WHY to those boys, those engineering neurons in their heads are connecting !!! Hopefully when they use it 10 years from now to get their cars unstuck they will remember ....why.......... :)

and as for those 4 beers, I think I use that to lube the few neurons in MY BRAIN that I have left:D:D:D...... where is that lube gun....oh yeah - in the ridge!:eek:

nice job!
One might hope, you teach them all you know and pray it sticks.

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Hmmm, I was looking at how to do something similar. I was just going to buy one of these:

http://www.harborfreight.com/12-hitch-extender-69882.html

and drill 2 holes through the insert side to match the standard draw bar assembly and bolt it directly onto the drawbar.

Now I look at your mod and it looks nice, almost factory. So I'm torn! Then again, I have an L3200 and it doesn't have the little bracket like that to bolt down to... hmmm.

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho

Here are few pics.

As it came from HF

Now to the measuring, cutting and drilling part...

And here it is finished

I just made a harbor freight run, and picked one up. thanks for the info. ill be putting mine on next week

dwk121

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1870 fel,54" MMM, ballast box. 3ph triball trailer hitch.
Jul 4, 2013
United States Falling Waters WV
I purchased mine on eBay from omni hitch for 49.00 plus shipping. Great for moving the car trailer or the 5x8 utility trailer around the yard.

Attachments

Leyland

Equipment
BX25D
Oct 31, 2014
Southwestern Ontario
Nice job, agreed by rotating the receiver and ball you could gain more height. Maybe one of those receivers with 3 ball sizes and a book would be handy...
I like the option mentioned on page 1 to install outer fork mounts too. nice touch!