Need help identifying what you've got?

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Have a question or need a hand identifying your gray market Kubota? Post a few pictures in your post or describe any serial numbers you come across and we'll get our experts on it.

Yarno

Equipment
B7000
Feb 19, 2009
Rockglen, SK
Recently bought a B7000 and after some reading around and looking at your site realized it was one of these "grey market" tractors which was not mentioned to me at the time. Dont really care its a great little unit and in decent shape.

I am hoping that getting parts will not be a problem. Looking for a parts manual but I also wanted to know what model this B7000 is similar too for parts crossreference. Any help?

thank you.

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
Kubota B7000

Hello there Yarno, thank you for signing up to the site!

Your B7000 is related to its other Japanese Domestic Market brothers, the Kubota B5000, B6000 and B7000. In addition to the JDM, Kubota manufactured the B6000 for us North Americans as well, but, the B5000 and B7000 remained JDM only - Kubota did not manufacture this same models again for the NA market.

In other words, there is no direct North American equivalent to your B7000. But fear not! Parts are still available.

I would say that the B7000 actually shares parts from several models, B5000, B6000, B7200. The trick is knowing which parts from which model apply for what you are looking at - that comes with experience, and luckily Service Dept Vic has that experience.

Your B7000 has a 2 cylinder Z650 which chimes out about 14 horsepower. If you know this engine model number, Z650, that will help you cross reference most engine-related parts (waterpump, gaskets, seals, etc).

If you are stuck for part numbers or need help, post in here your specific situation and we can have a look at it.

lens

Equipment
Too many to list
Feb 25, 2009
DIXON,IL
I can supply you with a B7000 parts book. I also have a B7000 parts tractor.

steve

Equipment
B7100HST, B5001DT/B5100DT, JD-111H, Chevy K2500 DuraMax, CJ-5, CJ-7, TJ jeeps
Feb 17, 2009
Henniker. NH, USA
Mr K
First, What a great job on the web site! Can you tell me the year of manufacture of my B5001? Serial # B5001-16935. Got a very cold shoulder brom the dealer when I asked this question. He told me to ask Kubota and that he couldn't help me. No parts sale for him. Found several good parts suppliers on line using the parts manuals I got from Acreage Outfitters. Not had a problem getting what I need. Thanks again.
Steve

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
Hey Steve, welcome to the site!

I am not surprised to hear that you are getting the cold shoulder from your local dealership. Kubota has struck the fear of God into future gray market owners and dealers alike with horror stories. We're here to help.

I don't have that serial number information in front of me at the moment, but Vic might - he's the same Vic from Acreage Outfitters. :D

ToolManTim

Equipment
Kubota B5100D mowing, hauling, snow plowing, aerating
Apr 3, 2009
Pottstown, PA
I have a B5100 4wd with what I believe to be the same 14hp 2 cylinder. It's tough as nails. Hopefully you won't need many parts in the future! I'm glad I bought orange... just wish I had a loader.

Strayman

Jun 1, 2009
Fraser Lake BC Canada
Hello I have a Kubota L2002DT and that's all I know about it.
The previous owner thinks it's a tractor from the early 80's.
I couldn't find any serial nrs on the tractor.
The stickers on the tractor are in english.
Only the sticker from the fusebox is in japanese.
The battery and tires are made in Vietnam.
I like to learn a bit more of this tractor.
Can you help me?

Attachments

lens

Equipment
Too many to list
Feb 25, 2009
DIXON,IL
It is a Japanese model from the 80's. It was shipped to Viet Nam to be fixed good enough to sell, painted to look like new, & the hour meter turned back to 0. Some of the viet "rebuilds" are good tractors. Some are real nightmares.

Strayman

Jun 1, 2009
Fraser Lake BC Canada
Thanks for the reply.
Even the Toyota oil filter was partly painted as the engine.
That gave me the idea that they never changed the oil filter.
with your info is that probably not so.
It's not new anymore but it runs fine.
Time will tell if it's running for 30 more years

thanks again
Ray

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
We have a customer who has a L2002. Looks like a pretty nice rig and he's happy with it. You won't get much help from Kubota for it though!
Ed

dizzy

Jul 19, 2009
Belgium
I want to buy a kubota B7001DT. Last couple of days I discovered what the term "Gray market" means and still wondering if I would go through with the deal.
Serial is 21482, Dealer is an official Kubota dealer.
The tractor has been repainted (in a proper way, sand brushed, metalised, etc), has new "lawn"-tires (I don't know the correct word) and the dealer gives 3 months of warranty..

So, can somebody lookup the serial for me and give me some advice?

Thanks,

Last edited:

Pharm1

Jul 17, 2009
Stettler alberta
Hi I am also a new owner of a older kubota tractor . Could you assist in directing me to what compatible tractor codes are for getting parts info. I have L2201DT .Possible serial # 61481 some number on the block # 75TON6 or K3 70715 51 What do you all think Any help will be appreciated Thanks Pharm1

Cal

Jul 21, 2009
UK
Hi, I am new to tractors and forums, never used either before so please be understanding!! I am in the UK and have just bought a Kubota L2201 from a car mechanic friend. He loved it like his own kids and promises me he will continune to maintain it for me. I am in need of an operating manual and another key so would appreciate your help identifying the US equivalent (or UK eqivalent ?are they the same??) Any info on my new baby would be great. Looking at the plate on the engine it says L2201 1298739 and DH1101. Raised numbers embossed on the engine are 75B H6 also K3 70215 and 174. Sorry no idea of importance of it so thought I would give you everything!! Dont mind paying and importing bits as long as they are the right ones. Thanks for any help

Last edited:

Cal

Jul 21, 2009
UK
Thanks Vic but would like to know more about what I actually have so that I can ask for the right thing. Do you have any specifics?

Pharm1

Jul 17, 2009
Stettler alberta
Hi
I am new to kubota and I would like to identify my tractor to find the correct manuals for it . The labels on the tractor (zen noh) kubota L2201DT
serial number 61481 ? number on the block 75TON6 or K3 70715 51 .would this
be a L225DT or L245 ? Thanks for you help Jim

KubL2600V1500

Equipment
L2600 V1500
Jul 27, 2009
Chudleigh, Tasmania, Australia
G'day,

I recently bought a Kubota L2600 with a V1500 4-Cyl motor. It looks to be built mid 80's and is definitely a gray import. It runs well but just needs some TLC so I was wondering what engine and operators manual I can buy for it. The tractor actually looks a lot like a L285 but its definitely stamped L2600. theres not a lot of information on this particular model as it seems the Australian L2600 is much newer model wise and comes with a 3-Cyl engine.

Any help with this would be musch appreciated.

Cheers!