new 3 point hook ups

Mudball

Equipment
L2501 HST 4WD
Aug 3, 2015
TN
When I was at the Kubota dealer I noticed the tractors that are bigger than the L2501 had three point arms, with what I would call an upgraded arms and telescopic adjustments. I have yet to make sure I can order them on the L2501 but my question is does anyone really see as much of a need anymore for the quick hitch systems with the way these new lift arms can release, extend out making it easier to hook up without quick hitch ? I mean which way is the industry going ? Because I keep seeing quick hitch implements but not quick hitch tractor lift arms but I was thinking I like the way they telescope out and I was thinking I could do without a quick hitch system. I hope someone understands what Im getting at here. Thanks

Last edited:

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
Easy hook up will never satisfy those who prefer not to get off the tractor to change implements. There will always be a place for quick hitches.

But, Extending lift arms as standard equipment on smaller tractors is a good thing!

Reactions: 2 users

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I think that you are referring to telescoping draft links, which allow you to get close to the implement. You then release the lift arm ends, which move in and out as well as up and down, so that you can easily hook an implement up- especially if it is out of level. These have been around for a long time, but you typically only see them on premium tractors. It is more common to not have them, than for them to be included. They are very helpful.

Reactions: 1 user

Mudball

Equipment
L2501 HST 4WD
Aug 3, 2015
TN
Easy hook up will never satisfy those who prefer not to get off the tractor to change implements. There will always be a place for quick hitches.

But, Extending lift arms as standard equipment on smaller tractors is a good thing!
Agreed. I have to get off to hook up the top link when using my Pats (which I like) anyway so I hope they offer them as an upgrade on a L2501.
Thanks

I think that you are referring to telescoping draft links, which allow you to get close to the implement. You then release the lift arm ends, which move in and out as well as up and down, so that you can easily hook an implement up- especially if it is out of level. These have been around for a long time, but you typically only see them on premium tractors. It is more common to not have them, than for them to be included. They are very helpful.
Yes those are the ones. Ive just never seen them and I was thinking it would be perfectly fine with me, as opposed to the Pats, if they offer them for the L2501.
Thanks

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
I know they are standard on the Grand L’s, but I believe I saw a dealer video claiming the telescopic links were available as an option on the L01 tractors.
After years of hooking up without telescoping link ends, I can say they are a real plus to use. It has taken me almost 2 years to get used to stopping an inch or so short when backing into an implement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
I bought a set for my B2650 rops model. They are factory on the cab model. Makes hooking up implements a breeze. If you dont want a quick hitch, and I didnt, it is the way to go for sure!!

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
I bought a set for my B2650 rops model. They are factory on the cab model. Makes hooking up implements a breeze. If you dont want a quick hitch, and I didnt, it is the way to go for sure!!
Yep, standard on the cab model and they are quite handy. I have a brush hog and post hole digger that are a pain to attach and the few inches of play really comes in handy. I had to modify both implements, changed the pins to face in because the lift arms did not spread as much as my 8Ns, so the tolerance is much closer when attaching.

gcmiller

Equipment
B2910, LA402 FEL, Caroni TC-910 91" finish mower, RTV900
Mar 13, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I have the telescopic arms on my B2910 HST. It's a 2004 and I believe they were standard on that tractor, but I'm the second owner so I can't be sure. They make hooking up and removing implements super easy. This is the first tractor I've ever owned and the first I've ever operated and I've never had a problem hooking up, even my very first time doing it. I would have been in trouble that first time if I didn't have them.

mbu

Aug 28, 2016
United States
I like the Euro style Walterscheid weld on hooks and balls. This style of "quick attachment" works great. When making a connection it doesn't matter how uneven the implement is and they also can tolerate a reasonable amount of misalignment. More importantly, they don't require any length changes of the PTO shaft if using powered equipment.

Here are a couple of videos I found on the 'net that shows how the quick release hooks work ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f3XP9_OZy0

or ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGpUNKJY8dQ

Attachments

Last edited:

Mudball

Equipment
L2501 HST 4WD
Aug 3, 2015
TN
Thanks for all the help and great responses.
I just got off the phone with my local dealer and they offer the sway stabilizers for the L2501 but they do not offer the telescopic lift arms for the L2501.
So Im back to using the Pats if I go that route and Im alright with that for now.
Thanks again.

bighammer

Equipment
L4240
Nov 25, 2012
Traverse City, MI
I like the Euro style Walterscheid weld on hooks and balls. This style of "quick attachment" works great. When making a connection it doesn't matter how uneven the implement is and they also can tolerate a reasonable amount of misalignment. More importantly, they don't require any length changes of the PTO shaft if using powered equipment.

Here are a couple of videos I found on the 'net that shows how the quick release hooks work ...

or ...

So where does a guy find those ends?

retired farmer

Equipment
tractor, loader, cutter, blade
May 25, 2020
sheridan
Thanks for all the help and great responses.
I just got off the phone with my local dealer and they offer the sway stabilizers for the L2501 but they do not offer the telescopic lift arms for the L2501.
So Im back to using the Pats if I go that route and Im alright with that for now.
Thanks again.
I have a Harbor freight quick hitch that I used on my old Ford that I traded in for my L3301. It works just as well on the Kubota.

BobInSD

Equipment
L5740
Jun 23, 2020
South Dakota
They're handy. Case had them WAY back. I have them on my 1966 730 Comfort King.

My ('64?) JD 3020 had them and I'm pretty sure my dad's 3010. Mind had been rusted solid since about 1969, so being able to actually use them was a huge bonus on my "new" Kubota.

Another shortcoming I noticed with the Kubota economy lift arms is that the ones I looked at had turnbuckles to control the separation? This would mean that on my implements with fixed pins I would have to crank both lift arms out, then crank them back in? None of my other tractors had this and it looks really inconvenient. JD was free to swing out, and sway blocks stopped it from swinging in too far (which meant I had to bungie the lift arms together so that they wouldn't swing out and hit a tire). The Ford had a arm that was pinned on once the implement was mounted.

Palmettokat

Equipment
M6800, B2710, L6060, Volvo 5 ton excavator and implements.
Apr 21, 2020
South Carolina
I have had the telescoping arms on three different brands of tractors. My B2710 is only tractor without them. I like them much more that Pat's hitch for two reasons but both are due to the extra length added to the factory lift arms. You moved the load a couple of inches back which affects the lift capacity and also may require longer pto shaft. My brother has a MF that is a Royal Pain to hitch to his side mount mower and I gave him a set for a gift and installed them. They work well other than if the two POSSIBLE issues mentioned. Have you asked the price for the dealer to install the lift arms with telescoping built in? I would expect them to want to charge you full price and not an upgrade price which I would hope they would do.

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
Ditto on the telescoping arms. Standard on the M and just easy to adjust to varying implements.
My old L4630 did not have them and it was always a pain to hook up the attachments[I was unaware of QH's at the time

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
To me, the pin sway control is far more important than the telescoping arms. Turnbuckles are a pain and also tend to bend too easily.

The quick hitches set the weight of your implement even further back, which can make your front end light in certain situations.

notforhire

Equipment
Kubota L47
Dec 5, 2019
Meadows of Dan VA.
The L47 does not come with a 3PH from the factory.
100_1583.jpeg
The lift arms, stabilizers and top link are in an options package. When I bought mine, I wanted a 3PH, but not with the turnbuckle type stabilizers and fixed lower links. I prefer extendable pin type stabilizers and extendable lower links.

This is not an option provided by Kubota.

My dealer provided what I wanted by ordering parts for a different tractor (a Grand L ) I expect. Everything fits correctly and works great!
The heavier the attachment, the more you will like extendable lower links, especially on uneven ground.

If you can't get these parts for your tractor, I would seek out a more knowledgeable dealer.