Measuring hyd oil

rtallichet

Equipment
3901HST-FEL, box blade, backhoe, grapple, rake, forks, piranha bar stump grinder
Dec 11, 2017
Texas
Hello Kubota friends:

My hyd oil dip stick is located as many other are just between the operators seat and the steering wheel. Does anyone have a challenge seeing the oil level on the dip stick? I know the its at the correct level. Just takes quite a while to determine because its clear. Anyone found a way to see the oil level easier? My eyes aren't the greatest. Even with reading glasses and a flash light its still a challenge. At least for me.

Thank you very much.

RT

kevinj

Equipment
L3940hstc - B7500hst - BX1860 - Farmall 560D - Farmall M
Jun 4, 2018
Michigan
Hello Kubota friends:

My hyd oil dip stick is located as many other are just between the operators seat and the steering wheel. Does anyone have a challenge seeing the oil level on the dip stick? I know the its at the correct level. Just takes quite a while to determine because its clear. Anyone found a way to see the oil level easier? My eyes aren't the greatest. Even with reading glasses and a flash light its still a challenge. At least for me.

Thank you very much.

RT
Just lay stick on a clean rag?????

rtallichet

Equipment
3901HST-FEL, box blade, backhoe, grapple, rake, forks, piranha bar stump grinder
Dec 11, 2017
Texas
yeah done that. must be my ole eyes.

Redlands

Sep 16, 2016
North Central Oklahoma
John Deere #MT3668 Hydraulic Oil Dye.

It’s under $10 I believe and good for 5 gal or so. Depends on how dark you want the fluid.

It’s likely to be settled out and need vigorous shaking or mixing before use.

bikerdib

Equipment
L4701 with FEL, BH92 backhoe
Oct 5, 2010
Wallis, Texas
Another vote for the JD dye. I installed it as soon as I got the new Kubota B3300 home. I had 2 smaller Kubotas before this one (B7100 and B7300) and had it in both of them too. When it comes time to replace the hyd oil, more dye will go in with it. I find one bottle is enough for my 3300.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
I Cerakoted mine in the E-120 (Smoke) color and when I wipe it off I use a paper towel with brake cleaner it dries instantly and when you put it back into the oil it almost lights right up where it's on the stick.:)

rtallichet

Equipment
Dec 11, 2017
Texas
Hello:

Just wanted to thank you for all the replies. All good recommendations. Thanks again. RT