ordered kubota

lilbota

May 17, 2018
lincolnton,nc,usa
Hi, first post here! I just ordered a t2290 mower with 48" deck! The dealer mentioned that the expected delivery date was 6/27/18...brutal. I couldn't get a definite answer from anyone as to why so long. So I figured someone else might know why. If not you can expect a review on the new mower after I get my new ride!

Beaudeane

Equipment
MX5800, LA1065, BH92, BB72X, RT72.40, EA 60 in grapple, county line auger
Mar 9, 2018
Dalton, Ga
Congrats on the new toy. Hope u have a backup plan for mowing till it gets here. I been having to mow once a week in North Georgia. I ended up waiting 3 weeks at least when I ordered my stuff. I wasn’t in a hurry and the anticipation was a killer for me. Reason for my delay was waiting in the backhoe to get to my dealer. It wasn’t something they keep in stock. Don’t know if they had to build it or what before shipping it to them. Was also assembly time when it got there.i my dealer gets a truck once a week this time of year and I guess it may have had to sit after built until they had a truck scheduled for shipment. I hope you like your new ride as much as I do mine.

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Welcome to the OTT forum Lil. Congrats on the new Bota. :)

That sure seems like a very long time. I guess they have to make it first? :D

lilbota

May 17, 2018
lincolnton,nc,usa
Ya it does seem long. Unfortunately the Murray mower my late grandfather was letting us use stopped working. My local kubota dealership wouldn’t give me the time of day to ask questions or even place an order. Chased around for 3 weeks and decided to go somewhere else to order.

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Yes, some dealers are that way since they don't make much on a mower.

My dealer will discuss anything with you, 'even the time of day'. :D

Botabob

Equipment
B2410-drag,box blade, trencher, plow, boom lift, bucket forks, bucket hitch, 3-p
Jan 17, 2018
Boynton Bch, Fl. usa
Kubota PR and customer communication sucks. I ordered and FEL 2 months ago- they said it would be there in 30 days. I waited for an extra week- they never called. I called and they said another 30 days. That date came and they never called. I spent about 4 hours to try to get an answer as to where my loader is- No answers- in fact they got mad at me because they couldn't tell me where my loader was. Called my dealer again to find out loader was sitting in Georgia and on hold for 2 weeks weaiting to put hydraulic hoses on because they lost their hose vendor. But they still won't give me a 3rd delivery date. 2 weeks to put hoses on a loader? And no communication between dealer, customer service in Texas, and customer- terrible. My advice- if your dealer doesn't have it in stock, go to one that does because they have no clue how to track orders.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
You know your money is green anyplace, you may want to talk to another dealer even if they are farther away and tell them why you are there. I dont mean bad mouth the other guy but mention you aint happy with them. You may find out you will get better deal and better service. Word of mouth can make or brake a dealer.

lilbota

May 17, 2018
lincolnton,nc,usa
It’s not that I’m not happy with my dealer, just none of them carry the residential line of riding mowers (t series). The one dealer that wouldn’t give me the time of day didn’t even have a gr series!! Wished Kubota forced dealers to keep certain level of stock at each delaership.

lilbota

May 17, 2018
lincolnton,nc,usa
Picked up my t2290 yesterday. Haven’t been able to use it yet since the tree company hasn’t grind the stumps yet. But will post review after a few mows. Also seat came damaged and dealership owner was not impressed that no one noticed prior to pickup. He is ordering a new seat, so that will give me a replacement!

Attachments

lilbota

May 17, 2018
lincolnton,nc,usa
Update: heard back from dealer, new seat was ordered and should be shipped soon! So i will have a backup when the original one wears down! Was able to mow some of the grass and boy does it whip out some grass. Our old kubota zero turn cuts nowhere near as fast!