Land Pride QH15 and Implement Lift Pin Replacement

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Okay guys and gals educate me.

I have read many posts on the use and brands of QH but have not seen this discussed.

I finally got my Land Pride QH15 and am ready to use it this weekend. It came with one set of bushings to fit over my lift pins on 1 implement.

Looking at the cost of the quick hitch adapter kits ranging from $15 to $30 per set. Or just buying the bushings to build up the lift pins as another option.

Why not just buy the correct size lift pins and install them on the implements?

I only see posts saying to install the kit or bushings but no discussion unless I just overlooked it on replacing the lift pins.

Educate me as to why I would not just replace the lift pins as the price to do so depending on the where purchased, the lift pins run less than the kit.

I understand building up the pins with bushings along is cheaper but cheaper is not always better.

Thanks for your time.

Jay

conropl

Equipment
L3560 HSDC
Oct 17, 2016
West Michigan
A couple of reasons I can think of:
1. Bushings should be cheaper.
2. It gives you an easy way back to hooking up without the QH if needed for some reason.

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
A couple of reasons I can think of:
1. Bushings should be cheaper.
2. It gives you an easy way back to hooking up without the QH if needed for some reason.
2-That makes sense because some family and friends do borrow some of my implements and they do not have QH.

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
A good set of bushings are made different than normal pins as they have an outside collar to hold them from being able to side shift and disconnect.

If you buy the bushings in bulk they are cheaper. ;)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Pair-Spee...487541&hash=item1a409bbbd7:g:0gkAAOSwYNxaXNdg
NIW I read all your post but so you don't feel alone I read almost every post:) I do value your opinion though.

What are the odds of the side shifting occurring? The following are implements I would be converting.
1-Disk
2-Subsoiler
3-Landscape rake
4-Land Plane
5-Potato Plow
6-Carry-all

Brush hog is Cat3 so I will need to remove the QH when using it I suspect, just too wide.

Does not seem like the above implements will be side shifting much when in use but then again I have never used a QH so that is why I am here trying to hear what you guys know and have seen.

Thanks for your time and sharing of knowledge.

Last edited:

conropl

Equipment
L3560 HSDC
Oct 17, 2016
West Michigan
NIW I read all your post but so you don't feel along I read almost every post:) I do value your opinion though.

What are the odds of the side shifting occurring? The following are implements I would be converting.
1-Disk
2-Subsoiler
3-Landscape rake
4-Land Plane
5-Potato Plow
6-Carry-all

Brush hog is Cat3 so I will need to remove the QH when using it I suspect, just too wide.

Does not seem like the above implements will be side shifting much when in use but then again I have never used a QH so that is why I am here trying to hear what you guys know and have seen.

Thanks for your time and sharing of knowledge.
What if on one side the 3 pt stabilizer bar broke, loosened, or like mine the adjustment retaining pin popped out; then it could easily work it's way off, and you would have quit a mess with one side unhooked and the other still attached. Probably do a fair amount of damage to the 3 pt mechanism and/or the implement.

Just a "for instance", but perhaps I worry to much.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
conropl nailed it!

Also when using any implement there is the chance for side shift and with normal Lunch pins they will wear and eventually fail.

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
So been using the new LP QH for a few weeks now and I love it.

Got lucky, was looking through the scrap metal bin and work and found a piece of thick wall pipe, 1.5" OD and 7/8" ID galvanized.

It worked great for my implements, cut required lengths found some large washers and picked up some additional lynch pins.

Bout done with each implement making them QH ready.

My brush hog is Cat 2 so I intend to turn the pins in to see how that works. So guessing I might have 4 or 5 hours in modifying 6 of 7 implements to accept the QH.

bcp

Equipment
BX2360
Apr 20, 2011
SW WA
Unless you have an implement with a narrow frame and long pins, the implement can't side shift and drop one side out of a quick hitch.

With knobbed bushings, the implement probably can't shift enough for the knob to touch the quick hitch.

Linch pins are needed to hold the individual bushing in place, but the quick hitch probably never bumps them. They could be removed and the implement still can't fall out.

In the diagram below, the top "triangle" of the hitch has been removed for clarity. The lower pins and frame are shown in the quick hitch, without knobs or lynch pins.

Imagine trying to move this lower frame sideways to the right until the left pin falls out. It can't. The frame hits the hook and stops.

Bruce

Attachments