Sandpoint, ID
Does the tractor have a loader on it?
If it does is it working right?

AshleyBS55

Equipment
L245DT 4WD
Sep 30, 2013
Palestine, WV, US
The aftermarket power steering unit is working correctly. The loader is also, but it's on a different hydraulic system. I'll take pics of the power steering unit and post later. The lift still isn't working. I think the fact that it quit working so soon after replacing o rings for the power steering unit is a coincidence. Especially since everything else on the tractor is working fine.

Big Kahuna

Equipment
Kubota 2000 L3010 HST with Loader ,1992 B7100HST , 1979 B6100E & 2007 F2880
Dec 23, 2011
Homer City, Pa.
Is the loader and power steering running off a front pump driven by the crank shaft.

Big Kahuna

AshleyBS55

Equipment
L245DT 4WD
Sep 30, 2013
Palestine, WV, US
Bulldog, is this the pic you wanted?
Kahuna, the power steering unit runs off the same system as the rear lift. The endloader is on a separate system.
Should I take the shiny hose off? Will that tell me more about the pressure or should I assume the pressure's ok since the power steering is working?

Last edited:

Big Kahuna

Equipment
Kubota 2000 L3010 HST with Loader ,1992 B7100HST , 1979 B6100E & 2007 F2880
Dec 23, 2011
Homer City, Pa.
If the power steering is working, then you have pressure. I think the control valve is the problem, you cant get flow to go up, remember this is a open system, it has pressure all the time, it only changes direction when you want it to.

Big Kahuna

Anybody else ?:confused:

lsmurphy

Equipment
B7001
Oct 19, 2012
Parrrottsville TN
The aftermarket power steering unit is working correctly. The loader is also, but it's on a different hydraulic system. I'll take pics of the power steering unit and post later. The lift still isn't working. I think the fact that it quit working so soon after replacing o rings for the power steering unit is a coincidence. Especially since everything else on the tractor is working fine.

I'm sticking to what I said...........o-ring at 3pt ram/piston failed.

AshleyBS55

Equipment
L245DT 4WD
Sep 30, 2013
Palestine, WV, US
Sorry it has taken me so long to get back with you guys. Family emergency.
Does this pic show where the relief valve is located? Do I take out the three bolts? There's a bolt on the rear, but it looks like it would be a place to hook up another implement. If I take this bolts out, do I need to drain the hydraulic fluid first?
Thanks. I've talked with a couple of farmers around and they agree with you that it's in the relief valve.

Last edited:

AshleyBS55

Equipment
L245DT 4WD
Sep 30, 2013
Palestine, WV, US
OK, so I took out the relief valve. Didn't notice anything unusual, no dirt, etc. Put it back and now the lift works, but only if I give it a lot of gas. Before it would work w/o any throttle. Any idea on what this could be? Again, I appreciate all the info from before. Couldn't have gotten this far without you guys.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Your going to need to get a pressure reading of the pumps output.;)

Geturdun

Equipment
Yanmar ZL2201
Aug 4, 2017
Star, MS
I am having same problem. I have the lift assembly off, inverted on a table.
I have replaced the not torn o-rings in the lift valve. I too had the shudder with the lift in any position but at the top, because there, the shudder can be stopped with the adjustment on the left lift arm.
I am wondering how to set the adjustment of this valve before I just throw it back together? Could the shudder it has always had be in the adjustment of this valve before reassembly?
In another (too late for me) vein, would disconnecting the front end loader hydraulic line and connecting pump line back to the three point lift line help narrow down the problem?