ZD331 rt side fuel light

skohler

Aug 4, 2014
Gettysburg, PA
For the past few years, the low fuel indicator light for the right side fuel tank is always on. I use the left side tank with the fuel gauge and switch over to the right side if I'm running low, but normally the right side is completely full.

I tried to follow the wiring from the fuel light, but loose the ability to trace it once it passes between the tank and the frame. I was hoping it was just a connector issue- but I just can't see where it goes. From a few posts on this forum the tank is a beast to remove. I can deal with the light not turning off, but if it could be an easy fix I want to at least try something.

Anyone have any experience with the same issue?

rentthis

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2012
summerville,sc
It seems that it would go to the switch. check for continuity from the switch wires to the tank end of the wire. If you have continuity there, that would suggest a bad sending unit in the tank.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
For the past few years, the low fuel indicator light for the right side fuel tank is always on. I use the left side tank with the fuel gauge and switch over to the right side if I'm running low, but normally the right side is completely full.

I tried to follow the wiring from the fuel light, but loose the ability to trace it once it passes between the tank and the frame. I was hoping it was just a connector issue- but I just can't see where it goes. From a few posts on this forum the tank is a beast to remove. I can deal with the light not turning off, but if it could be an easy fix I want to at least try something.

Anyone have any experience with the same issue?
The fuel tanks are very simple to access and remove. The switch you are looking for in the right-hand tank is on top of the tank about 4" -6" behind throttle lever.

To access it, remove operator floor plate and RH fender. The wiring harness to the fender has two connectors laying on the deck lift cylinder. Unplug them and release the reusable plastic cable tie. Remove deck height adjustment knob. Also, remove the shroud on top of the fender, it's held down by 5 screws, 4 thread into the fender, one on the inner front has a nut on it. The shroud will pull over throttle and PTO lever grips.

skohler

Aug 4, 2014
Gettysburg, PA
The fuel tanks are very simple to access and remove. The switch you are looking for in the right-hand tank is on top of the tank about 4" -6" behind throttle lever.

To access it, remove operator floor plate and RH fender. The wiring harness to the fender has two connectors laying on the deck lift cylinder. Unplug them and release the reusable plastic cable tie. Remove deck height adjustment knob. Also, remove the shroud on top of the fender, it's held down by 5 screws, 4 thread into the fender, one on the inner front has a nut on it. The shroud will pull over throttle and PTO lever grips.
Guys, I appreciate the info, maybe I'll dig into the right side and see if anything is obvious. I was looking at the parts diagram on Messicks and the only think I can see, assuming all the wiring is OK, is a that switch. Curious is this something you had to replace?

Thanks again.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Guys, I appreciate the info, maybe I'll dig into the right side and see if anything is obvious. I was looking at the parts diagram on Messicks and the only think I can see, assuming all the wiring is OK, is a that switch. Curious is this something you had to replace?

Thanks again.

Only one or two.

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
Whitetiger has provided some very specific help... not to rain on the parade, but is it really worth repairing? The RH tank light is practically useless when functioning anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

skohler

Aug 4, 2014
Gettysburg, PA
Whitetiger has provided some very specific help... not to rain on the parade, but is it really worth repairing? The RH tank light is practically useless when functioning anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I mow quite a bit of tall grass and have to keep an eye on the temp (the radiator screen clogging). I frequently glance down at the gauge and light cluster to make sure things are good and find the light distracting. I could disconnect it, but figured if the fix was reasonable why not make it right?

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
Got it... I have considered figuring out how to either adjust when the light comes on, or replacing it with a real gauge. I think it’s beyond my ability!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro