Identifying a mechanic's tool

curly84

Mar 2, 2016
corry pa.
I inherited some tools from my brother-in-law and I have a tool that I don't know what it's for can someone identify it for me

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Can you get a couple pics from other angles?

Is that a socket on the bottom portion of the picture?

Does it except a ratchet on top?

If yes to question 2 and 3, then I would think it's a torque multiplier. But this is a guess off from the small screen on my phone.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

curly84

Mar 2, 2016
corry pa.
Can you get a couple pics from other angles?

Is that a socket on the bottom portion of the picture?

Does it except a ratchet on top?

If yes to question 2 and 3, then I would think it's a torque multiplier. But this is a guess off from the small screen on my phone.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
it is a place to put a ratchet left Side bottom and also on the left side end is a adjustment that moves the knurl solid cylinder closer to the smooth cylinder

Tughill Tom

Equipment
B3200
Dec 23, 2013
Turin, NY
it is a place to put a ratchet left Side bottom and also on the left side end is a adjustment that moves the knurl solid cylinder closer to the smooth cylinder

Is it a Snap-on tool? can't make out the stampings on it, if it is go to Snap-on and enter the Part # and you'll know what it is used for.

curly84

Mar 2, 2016
corry pa.
I think it's for taking the clamp marked out of an exhaust pipe to refit them together slipthe pipe over the smooth cylinder adjust the knurl solid cylinder up to it and turn it with a ratchet and roll it around it to take the crease out????

curly84

Mar 2, 2016
corry pa.
That's what it's for taking the clamp marked rolls out and expanding exhaust pipe thanks a bunch