Hitch options

goldenpsp

Equipment
BX 23S
Nov 25, 2017
Baltimore MD
I have a BX23. I'm torn between a three point hitch setup or a mounted receiver from BXpanded. http://bxpanded.com/BX-hitch

I like the clean setup of the Bxpanded hitch. I also like that I don't have to drop the BH AND setup the 3 point hitch.

What I don't like about it is that it sits so low. I mostly would use it to haul my 5x10 trailer around the yard. The bxpanded receiver is much lower than the height of the hitch on my truck. I guess I could get a drop receiver and flip it to get some height.

The 3 point seems like it would be easier to adjust the height.

Thoughts?

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I got one of these a while ago if you don't mind hitching to your bucket.

https://www.palletforks.com/clamp-on-trailer-bucket-hitch.html Great price too.

Worked really well. No problem pushing/pulling 4500 lb boat/trailer with the little BX23. I now have the Titan pallet forks (SSQA) with a 2" receiver built into it. That works even easier.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I got this a while back.
Like you said, flip a drop hitch over.
If pulling something heavy, you want that low, below the axles.
Works good for me, and bolted right in.
Looked at the BxPanded hitch, but preferred this one. I have several other BxPanded products too, just went another way this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
The 3PH is not too good for two wheeled trailers since if you get too much weight on the trailer behind the axle the tongue will raise up. The 3PH has nothing to stop that. It could damage the tractor

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

goldenpsp

Equipment
BX 23S
Nov 25, 2017
Baltimore MD
I got one of these a while ago if you don't mind hitching to your bucket.

https://www.palletforks.com/clamp-on-trailer-bucket-hitch.html Great price too.

Worked really well. No problem pushing/pulling 4500 lb boat/trailer with the little BX23. I now have the Titan pallet forks (SSQA) with a 2" receiver built into it. That works even easier.
Actually I think this is my favorite. I'm considering making a space to store my dump trailer in the back yard so usually it would be just quick moving the trailer around the yard etc. With that it may not be quite as easy as towing it from the rear, but I could quickly hook it up without having to even remove the Backhoe.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
With that it may not be quite as easy as towing it from the rear, but I could quickly hook it up without having to even remove the Backhoe.
That's exactly why I got it...you can leave the hoe on (makes for awesome ballast). It does lock onto the bucket pretty well if you use a cheater bar. I think "pushing" a trailer allows you to be very precise in where you putting as well.

Check around, you may find it less expensive from other sources.