3 Point hitch on implement side

bunkerhillbilly

Equipment
M7060
Feb 17, 2018
Wyoming PA
Good afternoon,
I am hoping some one call tell me if there is such a part I seek/need.

I have a bunch of 3 point hitch items. pole hole digger, wood chipper, back blade, brush hog, flail mower, 2 snow blowers, tiller...and use them on 2 tractors.

Attaching the back blade is easy as its light and easy to move. The wood chipper is terrible as its about 1000 pounds and does not like to move.

I tried to convert to quick hitch but not a good fit for me.

3 of the items mention above have a GREAT setup. Instead of having to spread the arms out and over the pins on the left and right side they have a boxed off area that you just back your arms into and then slide the pin in. so the pin is not attached. I hope that makes sense. so the arm is sandwiched in between to pieces of metal on the attachment and the pin is the part that comes out. I attached a picture too of my 7' farm king snow blower!

My John Deere MX8 is around 1400 ponds and it has this setup and is easier to hook up than my 5 foot tiller which is about 600 pounds.

Does any one know what this type of setup is called?

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Re: 3 Point hitch change arms? Convertion

Don't know if there really is a name for it.
You would have to make yourself or have someone make them up for you. ;)

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
If you aren't aware, you can use the telescoping draft links to ease hookup to implements. These are the end links on your lift arms- push the release down, and they will both move further back, and have some up and down movement. If you can get the lift arms close- within inches, to the implement, then using the draft links make it easier. you don't have to drag the implement around to line up, or use a digging bar, etc. Once they are attached to the link pins, then just back up- that will push the end links back in, and lock them into place.

bunkerhillbilly

Equipment
M7060
Feb 17, 2018
Wyoming PA
Thank you everyone! clevis-type hitch!

And yes to the dolly idea as I recently started that as it really makes much better use of space when you can move things around.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
This photo is to show how I modified the cat 1 hitch pin style on an old McKee snow blower.

The tractor was a heavy one and kept bending the pins.

This mod took a good welder perhaps an hour to fab and weld on.

The same mod can be done to any of your implements.

Now the lift arms comes up and I slide the pins in.

Dave

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Is there an aftermarket source for the telescoping draft links?
No, not that I know of, but on some models of tractor you can get OEM ones off another model that will fit.
But they are not cheap.
A quick hitch is way less expensive!