homemade sun shade / canopy

st8yd

Equipment
2003 L3130 HST, LA513, Pats easy hitch
Dec 11, 2017
central FL
st8yd - I like that! Would you mind taking close-up pictures of the mounting location at the loader and the ROPS? Did you start with an auto rooftop carrier?
I fabricated it all from scratch.
Where it attaches to the rops put a piece of flat metal across the to vertical pipes and put square ubolts on it.
At the loader frame I just bolted it at the top.
The two forward pipes are bolted at the top in case any major work needs to be done they can be unbolted easily, but they are far enough apart to allow the hood to easily raise.

Attachments

Last edited:

Equipment
Sold the '94 B7100 HST, bought a 1987 L2250 w/ FEL
Jan 30, 2014
Owings, MD
I have a L2250 I need a canopy for - but I wanted a large - well covering canopy - something like what Bambam31 did - I was wondering though - how it would travel on a trailer - I transport my tractor a lot - definitely don't need it "sailing away" - ripping off the mount and God forbid - causing trouble on the highways! But I was considering something very similar to this myself.

st8yd

Equipment
2003 L3130 HST, LA513, Pats easy hitch
Dec 11, 2017
central FL
I have a L2250 I need a canopy for - but I wanted a large - well covering canopy - something like what Bambam31 did - I was wondering though - how it would travel on a trailer - I transport my tractor a lot - definitely don't need it "sailing away" - ripping off the mount and God forbid - causing trouble on the highways! But I was considering something very similar to this myself.
This was my first roof I made when I realized how beneficial the shade was. It went to hunt camp many times 2hrs ea way. It did wobble a bit but was still solid when I took it apart. It was wood screwed together with deck screws and metal roofing screwed down.
So Bambam31's will definitely go down the road with out movement.

Attachments

FTG-05

Equipment
L4330 w/FEL, RTV-XG850 and ZD326S
Jul 21, 2013
TN
A couple years ago, I got two golf cart canopies for $50 each. I put one on my L4330 tractor and the other on my Kubota ZD326 ZTR. Except for some minor tree limb damge to the canopy on the ZTR, they've worked quite well.

I made my frame with captured 3/8" nuts so I could install and dismount my canopy by myself and it does not require drilling the roll bar (ROPS).

Pics:

I hope this helps someone!

Thanks for looking!

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Don't want to hijack the thread, but...
FTG-05- What's that bada$$ looking yellow thing attached to your box blade in the first pic?

BigBadWolf

Equipment
L3130
Mar 27, 2018
Williamsburg, Kansas
A couple years ago, I got two golf cart canopies for $50 each. I put one on my L4330 tractor and the other on my Kubota ZD326 ZTR. Except for some minor tree limb damge to the canopy on the ZTR, they've worked quite well.

I made my frame with captured 3/8" nuts so I could install and dismount my canopy by myself and it does not require drilling the roll bar (ROPS).

Pics:...
https://i.imgur.com/L61bcft.jpg
.... img...
Thanks for looking!

I agree with lil foot what is that on your box blade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: