BX Snowpusher

Lizlec

Equipment
BX1870-1 + LA203A FEL + B2789 3PT SB + 54" HLA1500 Snowpusher
Feb 4, 2018
Rouyn-Noranda, Quebec, Canada
I've finally received my snowpusher fox my BX1870. WOW what an improvement VS the FEL bucket. It's a 54" HLA 1500 with backdrag function.

Actually the backdrag is not usable since they had make a mistake in the bracket design and I can't tilt enough to let the backdrag blade touch the ground ... they are manufacturing a new one with revised bracket and will switch one for the other when ready.

Lizlec

Equipment
Feb 4, 2018
Looks like they fabricated a whole additional bucket to mount inside the snow pusher. Here is a simpler solution. Do you know the weight of your pusher?
Simpler but also looks way less sturdier. The open top combined with the small height of the backdrag blade would not work really well in our frequent over 6 inches of snow fall.

It also protrude longer in front of the pusher which I don't really like and the non adjustable height of the skidshoes id a no go for me at the start ;-)

Pusher weight without the back drag is 310 lbs.

fishinroc25

Equipment
Kubota BX1830 w/loader, custom front plow, 3-pt trailer hitch, Carry All
Apr 20, 2017
Rochester, NY
I've finally received my snowpusher fox my BX1870. WOW what an improvement VS the FEL bucket. It's a 54" HLA 1500 with backdrag function.

Actually the backdrag is not usable since they had make a mistake in the bracket design and I can't tilt enough to let the backdrag blade touch the ground ... they are manufacturing a new one with revised bracket and will switch one for the other when ready.

That pusher looks great!!! How does your BX1870 handle pushing once it’s loaded up with snow? I have a 6’ Curtis snow plow that I fabricated to clamp around the bucket and have considered adding wings to box it in (basically making it a pusher), but am concerned I won’t be able to push after 50’-60’ of heavier snow..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lizlec

Equipment
Feb 4, 2018
That pusher looks great!!! How does your BX1870 handle pushing once it’s loaded up with snow? I have a 6’ Curtis snow plow that I fabricated to clamp around the bucket and have considered adding wings to box it in (basically making it a pusher), but am concerned I won’t be able to push after 50’-60’ of heavier snow..

Better than I thought. I've pushed 10 inch of fluffy snow all the 100ft of my driveway. It was overflowing for the last 30ft or so but was still pushing.

Wet snow could have been more complicated but It would have been able to handle it by taking a couple feet wide at a time.

I just forgot to get a video ... should receive another 6 inch by tomorrow so I'll try to have a good video to show how it works well. Really a nice add over the factory bucket to handle snow rapidly.

fishinroc25

Equipment
Kubota BX1830 w/loader, custom front plow, 3-pt trailer hitch, Carry All
Apr 20, 2017
Rochester, NY
Better than I thought. I've pushed 10 inch of fluffy snow all the 100ft of my driveway. It was overflowing for the last 30ft or so but was still pushing.

Wet snow could have been more complicated but It would have been able to handle it by taking a couple feet wide at a time.

I just forgot to get a video ... should receive another 6 inch by tomorrow so I'll try to have a good video to show how it works well. Really a nice add over the factory bucket to handle snow rapidly.

That’s great to hear it has worked good for you. It’s a sweet looking pusher! Makes me want to get the wings fabricated onto my plow now. Enjoy the snow to plow! We are basically done in Western NY.. Definitely shoot a video if you can!

Last edited:

Dhdb

Oct 8, 2016
Walpole,MA
I had a buddy fabricate one for me also. Much better than a plow. I was surprised how much snow I could actually push with this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYOrange

Equipment
Kubota L2501hst
Mar 23, 2018
Western NY
Anybody have any experience with using one of these on a gravel drive way? Once I get my house built I figure it would be easier to use the tractor than my four wheeler to plow with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

majorwager

Equipment
MX5100 FEL ford 1620 FEL International 484 FEL Lull 844C
Dhdb,

Not familiar with your loader but top link connection looks to be inline w/ the lower links at pusher connection? How do you obtain forward leverage?

NY Orange, they work fine on gravel, just NOT in float position

Last edited: