What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
That is one heck of a creative way to cure that issue! :D

Thanks Wolfman.

I honestly don’t know if it’ll work without getting bent up, but I’m out $1.70 for wingnuts and have a bunch of that JD yellow paint.....

Thinking whole thing will come off at once....just unlock QH and lift....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bikerdib

Equipment
L4701 with FEL, BH92 backhoe
Oct 5, 2010
Wallis, Texas
Thanks Wolfman.

I honestly don’t know if it’ll work without getting bent up, but I’m out $1.70 for wingnuts and have a bunch of that JD yellow paint.....

Thinking whole thing will come off at once....just unlock QH and lift....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was going to point out that it will most likely bend but I didn't want to come off negative. I did similar but used some 2"X2"X1/4" angle iron. Like you say, you don't havealotof time or $$ invested.

BX23S

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2022 Kubota L3901 FEL, BH, GRAPPLE, PALLET FORK, SNOW PLOW and Hard Canopy
Sep 1, 2018
ID
It was a cool 78° here in PNW and finished the dog fence. Sorry no pics yet.

hope to float

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450
Feb 18, 2018
Ireland
Lost a little plastic cover on the right side of the steering wheel :( I suppose I should have put a dab of glue on it :rolleyes: Ah well. just makes her lighter :cool:

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Had 20 ton of 611's dropped yesterday and started to fill holes and grade the driveway. Thunderstorms chased me in after an hour. Started out thinking, that's not a lot of stone. Finished up and looked at the pile and said, damn that's a lot of stone.

The B3200 did a pretty good job lifting it. I was glad my rear tires were filled, but the hour of play made me realize I really need to get a ballast of some sort built for the 3pt. To say I was a bit lite in the rear with the bucket full was an understatement.

Attachments

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Not me, but I thought it might be of interest,, Last week I stopped in to see a bud, he has a BX, and his wife loves it. I asked about the striping in the yard, his Lady was mowing, and I must say I could watch her mow all day long. She mows in a ,,a,,, well rather small swim suit so she can tan, pretty much all over, and she mows like speed racer.
But I digress!
He said he has been all over the tractor and deck trying to figure out why it was doing that, even pulled the blades off to see if one was bent. I noticed that when she was mowing, always the side side cut really close and it was always on the downhill side, it didnt matter which way she was going. Being a smart arse I said you have low tire pressure,,Yeah right! Anyways he did in fact check the tire pressure in the front tires,, BINGO ,,, one had like 10 psi the other didnt hardly show on the gauge, he put 22 in the fronts and 17 in the rears,,and no more strips in the grass,, he said his wife thinks he is freeking genius. Low tires do make a difference

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
I dug out some old cracked concrete with the backhoe and prepped to pour a new section of driveway there.

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
Used the U 25S mini X to load up the two flail mowers Wolfman and a friend bought, thanks to this site! It sure beat trying to sell them via ebay and then dealing with the shipping hassle. They had a pretty full pickup bed but that's what they're for. That's my new to me Kubota powered Jacobsen flail mower on the left.

Attachments

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
I just acquired a Bush hog Squealer 480 to sell with the L245F that is going up for sale (see the classifieds). Had to use a tractor and tree to pull apart the stuck PTO shaft, then greased it and mowed a trail just to see how things were working. I had an old unopened jug of gear oil on the shelf, so once it was warm I was going to suck out the contaminated gear oil, but do you think I could find my "sucker"? I think the kids made off with it, so I'll have to buy a new one today to get the old milky foamy gear oil out.

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
She literally just bought a new ones as the old one broke at Christmas. I am not stupid enough to use the new one for this...

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Doesn't everyone have multiples? I have one labeled Distilled Water for battery topping off, one labeled brake fluid and the other labeled oil. All are much nicer than the wife's old ratty baster. She leaves the garage ones alone but usually "borrows" from my brewing equipment and that stuff like any tool she may use, never returns.

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
I'll be using my baster tomorrow morning! I blew a brake line the other day on my plane, and now with the new one installed, I will pump fluid up from the wheel up to the firewall reservoir to bleed it out. This usually means overflowing, and that's where the baster comes in, I suck it out before it makes a mess, and keep pumping, getting ALL the air out. You can use them on turkeys also?

bikerdib

Equipment
L4701 with FEL, BH92 backhoe
Oct 5, 2010
Wallis, Texas
I loaded the B3300 with FEL and BH77 on the trailer and took it to the dealer where it stayed as a trade in. Then, at the dealer I loaded up my new L4701 with FEL and BH92 and brought it home. When I got home I started setting things up to my liking.

tiktock

Jun 27, 2018
Plaistow
Finally got some seat time after some busy weeks with work and the kids. Removed a massive 20X20 rhododendron that had been getting out of control on my property for 10+ years...had to be 15 feet tall in the middle. I've never seen a more annoying set of multiple rooting chutes and fibrous root balls to tear out. Pihrana toothbar was a lifesaver for ripping out most of the stumps and I resorted to the log chain to pull out the main body stump and root system which was large enough to max the lifting power of my little L344 loader. I then moved a few thousand pounds of soil there and smoothed the area for a new garden or grass that I'll put in next year. The wife likes the improvement so much she has marked a bunch more shrubs for death and I have a few weeks of stump ripping ahead of me.

Was happy to do this in the mid 70's yesterday vs the mid 90s into 100+ forecast for today/tomorrow in the NE.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Deck destruction/construction duties for the past several weeks. I certainly underestimated the time it would take for this deck re-do!

Attachments

jmf78

Equipment
BX23S W/ Factory Deluxe Cab, 60" MMM, 60" BX-2612 Snow Blade & BX-2816 Blower
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
Last night I started on the 400 hour maintenance. I'm only at 365 hrs but I did the 200 hour maintenance at 165 due to the really cold of winter approaching and an unheated, uninsulated garage to do the work.

Got the engine oil and first fuel filter changed. Had to remove the bro-tek skid plates for the fuel filter and I'm pretty sure I broke my pinky putting that back on. May be time to go with the BXpanded guard.

Tonight I will get the second fuel filter replaced and change the front axle oil. The hydraulic oil and filter can wait until 500 hours since I blew a hydraulic line this past winter at 300 hours. Just replaced everything then.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com

Almost Screwed Up :eek: I think :confused:

Yesterday did a bunch of mowing and was very low on fuel,
have more to do so.....
..... I grabbed the diesel can thinking I was off to the fillin' station.
But it was full, got a rag and went to the shade tree to fill it up.

Got to thinkin, the spout did not look right, It was Kerosene.
Not sure what a diesel engine would do with kerosene
and glad I will not find out.

Note to self; buy a Kerosene container!!
Now off to the fillin' station :D

sparky45

Equipment
L 3301DT
Dec 5, 2018
SEDAN
Hooked up the bush hog mower and chopped up the Sweet Corn stalks to better get it into the soil; then used the Disc to turn it under. Garden is almost done for this year with just a half dozen Tomato plants left.
L3301 does the job.