M6800 Hydraulic lift arm on 3pt hitch

mbucuk

Equipment
M6800, L35, KX41-3v
Mar 21, 2014
Lebanon, NJ
Hi -

We recently acquired a used M6800. The 3pt hitch has a hydraulic leveling lift arm which is currently not plugged into the hydraulics and there are no open ports. There are two sets of ports nearby that appear to be for the front end loader. So the question is do we unplug a set of lines to the loader when we need to operate the 3pt hitch?

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
That is a tilt add-on that your looking at.
I would bet that the lines that are plugged into the aux ports in the back run a 3rd function on the loader like a grapple.
So yes you will need to swap the 2 lines out if you want to use the tilt feature on the three point, but if you don't need the tilt then you could run the three point without it hooked up.

mbucuk

Equipment
M6800, L35, KX41-3v
Mar 21, 2014
Lebanon, NJ
Thanks for the response. I'm pretty sure there are no auxiliary hydraulics in the front but I will have to check again. When you hook up an implement without the hydraulics connected on the lift arm that side drags the ground, so it is not an option unless there is a way to lock the cylinder.

mbucuk

Equipment
M6800, L35, KX41-3v
Mar 21, 2014
Lebanon, NJ
I played around with the m6800 again tonight and I guess I know my answer now. You have to disconnect one function of the loader, whose hydraulics and control move to the 3pt leveling arm. Does not seem worth the hassle for the convenience of the hydraulic leveling. The other arm has a standard hand crank level, so I assume the stock arm would have been fixed? or is this stock?

The machine has a woods loader which might be why it has this weird shared hydraulics set-up.