Front end loader snow blade

afoster

I'm considering putting a Horst welding series 1000 snow blade on my Kubota L3010 with a LA482 loader. They make a 72" and 78" wide blade, from what I've read it would seem I should go for the 72" blade which when angles gives a 62" overall width. My question is would I be over-stressing the FEL if I did go for the 78". We don't get large dumps of snow here, or wet heavy snow.

http://www.horstwelding.com/snow_items.php?id=108

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Whether you stress your loader or not is up to you, Some people can bend a crowbar in a sandbox! Angling the blade does introduce more stress alright but if you use common sense you'll not have a problem. we have sold some of these and I've never heard back from them.
Ed

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hi Afoster. I agree with eserve some guys can bend a crowbar in a sand box and I have and I have seen and had repair the results. As long as you don't get rammy you will be fine. The only other thing I can tell you is that horst makes a good product. A friend of mine has two 14 footers on TV140 Newhollands. Horst is a mennonite company and they are about 20 min away from me just outside of listowel. Good luck and keep us posted. :D Dusty.

afoster

I decided to go with the 72" blade with manual angle adjustment. I have a Farm King Y600 snow blower on the back of the tractor that uses my spare remote hydraulic to control chute rotation. I was wondering if anyone knows if once the blade is mounted if it would make sense to disconnect the buckets tilt lines and possibly connect a hydraulic for the blade angle to these outlets. The FEL does have a float position on it.

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
I think it would make good sense. Once you get the blade tilt where you want it you won't need to adjust it again anyway (provided your tilt cylinders don't leak). The angle function will be quite useful.

Bellinghamster

Equipment
B7100 with FEL
Nov 25, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Does the plow "float" on the loader bucket pivots? If so, that look like an interesting way to do it - Blade cut angle adjustable by lifting or lowering the loader arms.

I first wondered how you'd pick it up off the ground, then I saw (I think) the chain in the middle that'd keep the top of the blade from from flopping forward.

I've got a mental concept of a steel frame that'd mount to the loader arms just like the bucket (B219 loader), keeping the bucket tilt cylinders attached to enable adjustment of cutting blade attack angle. Ears on the back of the plow blade to attach to ears on the corners of the frame with vertical pins and optional links that could be moved from one side to the other (or left off for no angle). I haven't measured out and sketched whether I could make it so the same frame could also mountable to the 3pt for pushing in reverse. Of course (in an ideal world) the frame would also take pallet forks, ripper teeth, be a 3pt quick hitch (on the front or rear!), Reese reciever, weight rack... what else have't I thought of??

Milo Holroyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 L245DT w/1700 FEL, 2003 L3130 HST,w/ LA723 loader,,and L2174A snowblower
Does the plow "float" on the loader bucket pivots? If so, that look like an interesting way to do it - Blade cut angle adjustable by lifting or lowering the loader arms.

Actually the plow (7'6") is off from a pick-up truck. I made a angle iron mount to adapt to my loader arms. The plow simply "plugs" into a couple of slots in the angle iron. Pins keep it there."

I first wondered how you'd pick it up off the ground, then I saw (I think) the chain in the middle that'd keep the top of the blade from from flopping forward.

The chain hooks to the plow just ahead of the pivot, then back to the cross brace on my loader arms. I welded a chain slot to the loader arm brace. That allows for easy chain adjustment. When combined with the loader arm movement, the cutting angle is infinitely adjustable.

I have quick connects on my tilt lines at the loader valve.
When the plow is on, I use the tilt lever to angle the plow.
Sweet:D
Milo

I've got a mental concept of a steel frame that'd mount to the loader arms just like the bucket (B219 loader), keeping the bucket tilt cylinders attached to enable adjustment of cutting blade attack angle. Ears on the back of the plow blade to attach to ears on the corners of the frame with vertical pins and optional links that could be moved from one side to the other (or left off for no angle). I haven't measured out and sketched whether I could make it so the same frame could also mountable to the 3pt for pushing in reverse. Of course (in an ideal world) the frame would also take pallet forks, ripper teeth, be a 3pt quick hitch (on the front or rear!), Reese reciever, weight rack... what else have't I thought of??
I have a frame I built on the rear that stays on my 3 point most of time. It has a reese type hitch, grab hooks, and mates up to my back blade, and disc.
Someday all my implements will have the matching adapter on them. Makes hook-ups a piece of cake.
Milo (sorry this is so long)