MMM, Slasher, Brush Hog or ride on

manofaus

Equipment
bx2350
Mar 23, 2012
Australia
I am still looking for something and know it comes down to how am I going to mow my block. What is the best to get around your trees and get into the corners. I am looking at a bx2660 with 60' MMM at the moment. Should I consider attachments as in a slasher, finishing mower or brush hog instead?

birddogger

May 29, 2011
Pittsburgh
The pro's and con's. The MMM will work better around trees and other freestanding obstacles but doesn't get into corners well. A rear-mount finish mower or brush hog will do better in corners since you can slowly back it in; but they swing wide when going around trees.

So do you have more trees than corners? Would you rather have a close cut around the trees or in the corners?
I like the MMM mower for tighter work around obstacles since you can judge your clearance better because you are atop it.

Frank Peters

Equipment
Mower Bx 2360
Jul 27, 2012
Moe Victoria Australia
Hi all,

I have Bx2360 with smaller 54" MMM and it is good to get round the trees and on some parts of my property have to put it in 4x4, which is a great improvement on my Arians, specially in winter when the ground is soft.

My Bx comes with fixed ROPS and to get under the trees it has to be modified with folding hinge. I did have Arians GT17 for 25 years and it was a great machine, I did not have to modify anything.

If they were still in production I would have one.

Regards Frank.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
If I only wanted a mower and nothing more I would go with a MMM. If it is going to be used for other chores the finish mower sure is alot easier to remove and is cheaper to. If you do look at finish mowers get one with blade tip speed of 15k fpm or higher. The faster the better if you want a quality cut.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
We have a BX2200 and BX2660 both with 60" decks that work great for what you describe. We have a 48" rotary cutter, but haven't gotten it out of the barn in three years. We also have an RFM for our bigger tractors that hasn't moved for about the same time.