B7100 - Clutch Replacement

Mar 16, 2011
SF, Utah USA
I am trying to replace my cluch on my B7100. Took off every bolt and nut that looked like it was holding the machine together. Blocked up the front end, put a rolling floor jack under the back and tried to split it. It would ony break the bell-housing seal but will not split, what have I missed?

lahoyer

Equipment
B7100 and a bunch of attachments
Nov 12, 2010
Danbury,Wisconsin
If you have everything disconnected and have removed 8 bolts on bell housing and blocked it up level, you should be able to rock it apart. Stand behind rear wheels, grab the tires and alternately rock left and right. It should slip apart.

MDsteve

Equipment
B7100, L225, L295DT
Jun 30, 2010
Forest Hill, MD
There are more than eight fasteners securing the bell housing to the engine. The ones at the top of the bell housing are hard to find and access because they are beneath the fuel tank. Check that you removed those. It should come apart easily when all the fasteners are removed.

gktilton

Equipment
79 B7100 w/ FEL, Deere 261 Finish Mwr, Woods M4 Bush Hg, Potato Plow, Cultivator
May 5, 2010
Hooksett, NH
I know Lahoyer said it, but reiterate, make sure everything is level. Real easy for it to bind if its not. Also easy to bend/break stuff if its not level/supported when they come apart.

Check to make sure it is breaking seal evenly top to bottom.

I have mine apart for paint, so if you need someone to check number of bolts I have full access to all of mine when I get home.

Reactions: 1 user