Come on Ed Give it up on the HPCR V6108s & V3800s

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I can't stand it any longer :eek: without hearing about the new direct injection high pressure common rail V3800 and the V6108 turbo charged intercooled diesel's from Kubota for the new Mid-Size Ag tractors. What's the factory scoop Eserv? What's the (E-CDIS) & (E-DIS) maintenance needs and latest developments by Kubota's ever growing lines? :D:D:D

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Well OB1 I hope we go into the gizzard of that 6.2 liter beast tomorrow, today was spent primarily with the power shift and the new developments with the ecm re built-in diagnostics and use of the diagmaster and laptop for troubleshooting and calibration. The v3800 we have had for a few years now in the M108 ( used now in the M100x and M110x) so I doubt we'll get much more on it. Doesn't seem to be any specific maintenance requirements, Kubota increased the maintenance interval by almost double last year, to compete with the competition we are told. 50 hr inspection is gone mostly across the line now V6108 is a 4 cylinder engine, huge, for Kubota, 4.65 inch bore. rated HP is at 2200 rpm so a relatively slow turning beast. Should have more tomorrow.
Ed

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
That's what Kubota is saying down here too... the biggest bore torque monsters they have ever offered in a Mid-Size Ag market. They are slowly going after the "Green" market hold here in the US. :cool:

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Not much about the v6108 that I didn't already know 4 valves per cylinder, center injection, low tension piston rings, coated pistons flywheel end cam and pump drive,etc all the same things as the v3800 just bigger! Reports from other dealers are that it has minimum of 135hp at the PTO so must be about 150 actual at the flywheel, I have not dynoed one myself yet though.
way more self diagnostics on th tractor, not everything but we should be able to get enough information from the customer to have a pretty good idea what to take on a service call!
Ed

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I think in less than three years in the US you will see a CAN [Computer Area Network] buss system in J1939 configuration on these big bore engines because of their cost and the up time the Farmers need during seasonal harvest. In the US, because of the Tier 4 off-road EPA, your Techs will be taking a lap top with them as the primary diagnostic tool. But the ole ball pen hammer and screw driver will never die. :D

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Hi Ob1
They are CAN now, all the new x tractors are and we require a laptop to properly diagnose and repair them. We do on the M108 as well but it isn't CAN.