Replacing Bucket on BF400G

HowieDoin?

Equipment
L-2250 w/ Loader
Mar 6, 2009
North Boston, MA
Headed up North again this weekend with a new bucket for the BF400G loader on the L2250. I don't see anywhere in the manuals where it says how to do this. Do I need any special tool?

HowieDoin?

Equipment
L-2250 w/ Loader
Mar 6, 2009
North Boston, MA
Everything went well up until the point of re-inserting the cotter pins. The old bucket had a rectangular boss and the pins have a rectangular cap that rides over this boss. The new bucket has round bosses. The old pins with the rectangular bosses fit tight up against the steel but seem to be about .125 of an inch shy of allowing the cotter pins to re-insert. I pushed short pieces of # 12 wire through the mis-aligned holes till I figure out the fix. I figure somewhere on this planet there are pins to fit this bucket. Got these parts Vic? Rumor has it that you guys ship worldwide.

HowieDoin?

Equipment
L-2250 w/ Loader
Mar 6, 2009
North Boston, MA
I wanted to buy a new bucket. When I got there the salesman said he could show me a used bucket for a hundred bucks cheaper. When I saw it it was obvious that the bucket was new. Although the mounting holes had grease in them. The cutting edge was actually was fabricated with better workmanship and material and the bosses were round as opposed to rectangular. Could this be a bucket off one of the newer series Kubotas? I'd pay the bucks for the right pins. Especially if they had grease fittings in them. If I can't find them I'll have to take the bucket off and bring it down the local slaughter house and have one eighth an inch ground off the new bosses. I just hate doing things like that.