What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

HVACRoger

Equipment
2021 L2501 Loader, Backhoe, LandPride Grapple, Tiller, Forks, Quick Connect
Dec 20, 2021
Wilson, NC
Thanks!

Got it from Amazon - very good customer service from Durafit, accidentally got the black one (my mistake) tried to cancel and get the camo one, Durafit fixed me up. I have the black one and the camo one now for the cost of just one. It's holding up just fine so far.
Great!! Going to ordered me one tonight. Like the orange camouflage!!

BA76

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5400 Tractor, RB3784 Rear Blade, RCF2072 Brush Mower, FDR1672 Finish Mower
Dec 21, 2020
Illinois
What a respectable looking machine! The MX series have a durable, capable look about them....of course I'm a little partial. ;)

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Filled it and then over filled it with diesel. What a pain in the a## standing on the tire and pouring into a funnel. Just ordered a 50 gallon slip tank and electric pump.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Filled it and then over filled it with diesel. What a pain in the a## standing on the tire and pouring into a funnel. Just ordered a 50 gallon slip tank and electric pump.
I used to feel you pain Gallows :)

Using my 55 gallon drum fuel pump/tank makes me smile at every fill up! Yours will too!

Reactions: 1 user

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
I used to feel you pain Gallows :)

Using my 55 gallon drum fuel pump/tank makes me smile at every fill up! Yours will too!
I'm looking forward to it. Fuel is expensive and making a mess isn't environmentally friendly.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I bought a used 165 gallon Roth double-wall tank, and still haven't set it up for my delivery pump. My procrastination has consequences because the price of fuel oil has gone up almost double since last April when I purchased the tank. Now I am patiently waiting for the spring when heating oil prices will go down. I put it in the garage, but now I am thinking that I should pour a concrete pad, buy a hood for the tank, and put it outside for convenience.

Mossy dell

Equipment
B2601 (2021) JD970 (1998) B2100 (1991) B6100E (1988)
Jul 20, 2020
sw VA
The grandkids are bummed because it was pretty obvious on this warm, sunny Christmas eve that we are NOT going to have a white Christmas like last year. But I wasn't going to waste a 60-degree day! So I chipped away at the new vineyard/garden area. Two days ago, my daughter and son in law had helped me place the end posts for the two trellises. We used about three bags of gravel from Home Depot to chock each post upright and then some old bricks and pavers to wedge the posts against the sides of the holes.

Today, I dumped 12 bags of fast-setting concrete mix on top of the gravel and around the bricks. Each bag I mixed with about a gallon of water. My hired BX-with-backhoe friend had been able to get the first two post holes dug to 3', but we hit a ledge of rock on the lower two end posts and only got a little over 2' deep for them. Now, 3' is a minimum. However, I only plan on a single 9 gauge wire at 5'. So pull will be modest. And I am making H-braces to help resist pull and the weight of the muscadine grapes.

I could NOT have done what I did today without my tractor! I've worn my back out, so carrying 50 lb sacks is out of the question. I as able to slide the bags from my car onto the bucket and then dump them into the holes from the bucket. Sweet.

I finished the day by hosing off the tractor and wiping it down. Hadn't done that since mid summer and it was filthy. Also had gotten concrete dust on the grab handles and operator area, etc., and squirted that with some old Armor All I found too.

I can now run a string between the end posts and start setting line posts. Then I'll ask for help setting the brace posts. And will probably use some cement around them. I pity the poor mo-fo who digs these out one day. The end posts are 7.5" to 8" at the butts.

End Posts In 12-24-21.jpg

Post Chocked w Bricks.jpg

Bucket, Bags in Position.jpg

Post w 200 lbs Concrete.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I just pour the dry cement into the hole and forget it. The moisture in the ground will be absorbed by the concrete, and when the concrete cures, I defy you to pull the posts out.

Reactions: 4 users

Mossy dell

Equipment
B2601 (2021) JD970 (1998) B2100 (1991) B6100E (1988)
Jul 20, 2020
sw VA
Yeah, I almost did that, Rusty. But it was easy to dump a gallon of water in the hole after the bag! Not really "mixing" concrete as I implied. I figure this warm spell isn't going to last long and want the posts set so I can keep moving.

By the way, we had a drought this year so the soil is dry all the way down. The drought has continued this fall. In October we got 1/4" and 3/4", just enough to get my cover crop up. But no measurable rain since, nada all of November and December.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Moved the blower and snow blade over to the new tractor and removed snow with the new setup for the first time. I couldn't be happier with this tractor. It feels like a very solid and "planted" tractor.

mx6000_hstc_14.jpg

mx6000_hstc_18.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

HVACRoger

Equipment
Dec 20, 2021
Wilson, NC
Moved the blower and snow blade over to the new tractor and removed snow with the new setup for the first time. I couldn't be happier with this tractor. It feels like a very solid and "planted" tractor.

View attachment 72171

View attachment 72172
What a beautiful view, would love to see some snow here for a day or two. The tractor is sweet also!!
Merry Christmas!!

shelkol

Equipment
bx-2200, Woods BH6000 backhoe, Tach-N-Go quick attach bucket, snow blower
Nov 12, 2015
Westford, Massachusetts
shelkol.com
I found it a pain to deal with the lug bolts on the front of my BX2200. So I bought 9/16-18 lug nuts and studs. Cut the knurled end off the studs, cleaned up the threads, put them in the hubs with some red loctite. Now I can put the wheels up on the studs and just use the lug nuts.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
The first pic I’ve posted previously for different reasons but it’s the start of the process and the process continued over Christmas. Our son joined us for a few days on vacation last month and is spending Christmas with his girlfriend’s family. The hosts of my wife’s family Christmas shindig are in the hospital with COVID. Both expected to recover but we ain’t going to their house any time soon. My brother and his wife are voluntarily sequestered on their horse farm per their preferences. So Christmas has been a remote series of well wishes with family other than Dad who lives 100 yards from us. We saw him for about an hour today. Wife discussed the proper operation of his new air fryer with him while I surreptitiously checked his house for maintenance items he “doesn’t want to bother me with”. After a brief discussion of the electrical gremlin currently plaguing his old Ford 2/8/9N combo tractor we resumed the firewood processing we started yesterday.

In the way back days at our old place, we split it manually in the field and hauled it back with a trailer behind the Ford. Combo of reasons and this is already long, but old place we had longer windows of opportunity to get wood transported from the field to the wood yard. At our current place it has to be pretty dry to get a heavy load up the steep trails without causing damage to the trails. A smattering of springs don’t exactly help with hauling loads around in the creek bottom area. The windows of opportunity are pretty small some years. Thus the current system.

Cut the tree into 84” sections. Both stoves take 21” sticks and 105” is too long to get up the trails. Doesn’t matter if we can get it back immediately or not. Rarely need the tractor for that.
Once there’s enough 84” sections, wait for the ground to dry enough to transport. Could probably move more in the trailer but with the grapple, the load and unload time is virtually zero. In one long day or a couple of leisurely days I can get a year’s worth of wood for us and Dad beck to the wood yard for processing whenever.
FF887F3E-41EA-433B-B7A1-325E4D97BE78.jpeg

Most of the stack is under the beech tree that perennially has a billion chiggers in it. Too cold for chiggers, so time for sectioning the logs and splitting before the chiggers return.
E4390891-6F27-4117-8257-A768505444CA.jpeg

The Kubota comes back out to pull out logs and move them close to wherever the splitter is. The uncovered stacks on the left are this year’s wood.
7C575B28-57BB-42C9-8B66-3065627627E7.jpeg

The Mule makes a great tool caddy and tow unit for the splitter. With a couple of knotty exceptions, we manually split the bigger blocks into manageable pieces before final splitting with the hydraulic splitter. Haven’t gotten her to using the wedges, 8lb maul, or 16lb sledge yet. She says she isn’t up for that or the chainsaw (I tend to agree.)
5E9E0D2F-A48E-47C4-BEDB-455405D9E35B.jpeg

The driver (wife) is pretty good with the hydraulic splitter and stacking.
9DE88659-E282-4860-A4AA-B88A61FB8284.jpeg

She thought these two blocks of wind felled white oak would make nice seats by the pond if we added slices of lightning struck persimmon for foot stools. So here they are beside the pond.
7E8F742F-58EE-4A56-8EEE-4C7BF941E1FF.jpeg

Reactions: 6 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
The first pic I’ve posted previously for different reasons but it’s the start of the process and the process continued over Christmas. Our son joined us for a few days on vacation last month and is spending Christmas with his girlfriend’s family. The hosts of my wife’s family Christmas shindig are in the hospital with COVID. Both expected to recover but we ain’t going to their house any time soon. My brother and his wife are voluntarily sequestered on their horse farm per their preferences. So Christmas has been a remote series of well wishes with family other than Dad who lives 100 yards from us. We saw him for about an hour today. Wife discussed the proper operation of his new air fryer with him while I surreptitiously checked his house for maintenance items he “doesn’t want to bother me with”. After a brief discussion of the electrical gremlin currently plaguing his old Ford 2/8/9N combo tractor we resumed the firewood processing we started yesterday.

In the way back days at our old place, we split it manually in the field and hauled it back with a trailer behind the Ford. Combo of reasons and this is already long, but old place we had longer windows of opportunity to get wood transported from the field to the wood yard. At our current place it has to be pretty dry to get a heavy load up the steep trails without causing damage to the trails. A smattering of springs don’t exactly help with hauling loads around in the creek bottom area. The windows of opportunity are pretty small some years. Thus the current system.

Cut the tree into 84” sections. Both stoves take 21” sticks and 105” is too long to get up the trails. Doesn’t matter if we can get it back immediately or not. Rarely need the tractor for that.
Once there’s enough 84” sections, wait for the ground to dry enough to transport. Could probably move more in the trailer but with the grapple, the load and unload time is virtually zero. In one long day or a couple of leisurely days I can get a year’s worth of wood for us and Dad beck to the wood yard for processing whenever. View attachment 72226
Most of the stack is under the beech tree that perennially has a billion chiggers in it. Too cold for chiggers, so time for sectioning the logs and splitting before the chiggers return. View attachment 72227
The Kubota comes back out to pull out logs and move them close to wherever the splitter is. The uncovered stacks on the left are this year’s wood. View attachment 72228
The Mule makes a great tool caddy and tow unit for the splitter. With a couple of knotty exceptions, we manually split the bigger blocks into manageable pieces before final splitting with the hydraulic splitter. Haven’t gotten her to using the wedges, 8lb maul, or 16lb sledge yet. She says she isn’t up for that or the chainsaw (I tend to agree.) View attachment 72229
The driver (wife) is pretty good with the hydraulic splitter and stacking. View attachment 72231
She thought these two blocks of wind felled white oak would make nice seats by the pond if we added slices of lightning struck persimmon for foot stools. So here they are beside the pond.
View attachment 72230
Sounds like a perfect day ... and those log stools are awesome. :)

HVACRoger

Equipment
Dec 20, 2021
Wilson, NC

Once there’s enough 84” sections, wait for the ground to dry enough to transport. Could probably move more in the trailer but with the grapple, the load and unload time is virtually zero. In one long day or a couple of leisurely days I can get a year’s worth of wood for us and Dad beck to the wood yard for processing whenever. View attachment 72226
Most of the stack is under the beech tree that perennially has a billion chiggers in it. Too cold for chiggers, so time for sectioning the logs and splitting before the chiggers return. View attachment 72227
The Kubota comes back out to pull out logs and move them close to wherever the splitter is. The uncovered stacks on the left are this year’s wood. View attachment 72228
The Mule makes a great tool caddy and tow unit for the splitter. With a couple of knotty exceptions, we manually split the bigger blocks into manageable pieces before final splitting with the hydraulic splitter. Haven’t gotten her to using the wedges, 8lb maul, or 16lb sledge yet. She says she isn’t up for that or the chainsaw (I tend to agree.) View attachment 72229
The driver (wife) is pretty good with the hydraulic splitter and stacking. View attachment 72231
View attachment 72230
Our Christmas was also affected by the COVID. Our daughter's boyfriend and his brother (whom he cares for) both woke up Christmas eve sick. She couldn't find any test kits, so she drove from Wake Forest to me. I keep covid test kits for my business, so she came got couple ( made her stand outside) and tested them. Of course, they were positive. They both have had the covenanted shots and the brother had the booster last month. Speaks volumes to me about the jab. No jab for her, myself, the wife, or my 31 yrs old son that lives with us. We all have had delta in last year, by Gods grace we all handled it well. Talked to her this morning she is doing great but they are worse. Guess I started out to say there are alot of us that had our Christmas disrupted, but God is good. We will have our Christmas day in January when everyone is well.

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Our Christmas was also affected by the COVID. Our daughter's boyfriend and his brother (whom he cares for) both woke up Christmas eve sick. She couldn't find any test kits, so she drove from Wake Forest to me. I keep covid test kits for my business, so she came got couple ( made her stand outside) and tested them. Of course, they were positive. They both have had the covenanted shots and the brother had the booster last month. Speaks volumes to me about the jab. No jab for her, myself, the wife, or my 31 yrs old son that lives with us. We all have had delta in last year, by Gods grace we all handled it well. Talked to her this morning she is doing great but they are worse. Guess I started out to say there are alot of us that had our Christmas disrupted, but God is good. We will have our Christmas day in January when everyone is well.
On the other side of the coin my daughter spent the weekend with a few of her girlfriends and on the way home stopped at my house. Two days later my daughter calls and said all of the girls she was with all have covid! We were all tested and all were negative. All of us had the two shots and the boosters. My daughter works in UPMC Williamsport, Pa directly with covid patients lined down the hallway zero beds available. She has never had covid yet!
Thank God! All Pfizer shots.

Reactions: 1 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Split wood for a couple hours again today. Church in the morning and wife needed a break to reset from one of those mornings where nothing was going right so she disappeared to after Christmas sales while I finally addressed the too easily and routinely bent lid teeth on the low carbon steel Tar River grapple. It has worked great except the gussets on the lid teeth end about 3.5” short of the tip of the tooth. The tip is 5/16” (or some mm about halfway between 1/4” and 3/8”) with 3.5” of it unsupported, just the closing force of the lids will bend them on odd shaped logs or rocks that put lateral force on them as they close.

Thought about extending the gusset but for the last 3.5” to 4” of the tooth there just wasn’t much metal there in comparison to the forces involved so ended up removing the ends of the teeth, leaving only a very short gap between the end of the gusset and end of the now wider tooth end. Figured if that didn’t work something much more extensive would need to be fabricated to make the whole tooth stouter so cutting the excess tooth wouldn’t hurt anything.

The original length teeth overlapped the bottom teeth when closed. Now they don’t, but they’re close. Tested it out picking up a variety of stuff that needed picking up anyway, most in the size range of the smallest stuff I could ever pick up with it. After picking up a few sticks, pointed it straight down an shook it. Nothing came out.

So I’d say so far that’s been a success. Is it perfect? No. But it works and that’s all I care about on a grapple. The tractor I like to keep nice. The grapple just needs to work.

And then we went to use it on the log pile in the wood yard to pull stuff out for splitting and stacking. 🙂
AE3FD012-B0DF-4598-90A6-BD04CCA0BEAB.jpeg
678415A7-B988-4874-A534-7D78AE10D814.jpeg
ED1310EB-84CB-4744-B71D-8F6D15A53ACB.jpeg
D168178A-F0A1-4700-91EA-3F4091BBD7C5.jpeg

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I made some mounts and attached the LED lights that my wife bought me for Christmas to my tractor canopy. I still need to run and secure the wiring and switch, and connect the power to the lights.