Weak Bucket Curl

Ramhead

Feb 4, 2018
Fraser Valley
My MX5200 doesn’t have much power in the curl but seams to be fine on lifting. If I put the bucket flat on the ground and curl the bucket on the dump circuit it very slowly starts to lift the front of the tractor then runs out of steam half way through its stroke. If I curl the bucket all the way in the dump position then lower the bucket to the ground and try to curl up it won’t move at all. It used to have no problem lifting the tractor off the ground in either curl direction. Fluid level if fine.
Any ideas what might be the problem.?
Thanks.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
My MX5200 doesn’t have much power in the curl but seams to be fine on lifting. If I put the bucket flat on the ground and curl the bucket on the dump circuit it very slowly starts to lift the front of the tractor then runs out of steam half way through its stroke. If I curl the bucket all the way in the dump position then lower the bucket to the ground and try to curl up it won’t move at all. It used to have no problem lifting the tractor off the ground in either curl direction. Fluid level if fine.
Any ideas what might be the problem.?
Thanks.
You should do a pressure check before anything to get a baseline.

Once that is done, you could swap the lines to the spool valve to see if the issue is in the spool valve (highly unlikely) or somewhere else.

Next would be to check the Quick disconnects, again unlikely your issue, as they normally will inhibit speed of movement, but not force of movement.

Next, would only point to a blown or damaged/leaking cylinder seal internally.
lift the tractor with the curl and see if it settles back down on it's own, that will give you some indication but is not a 100% tell all.