It's Snowing... AGAIN!

NoJacketRequired

Equipment
B7510 & LA302 FEL & B2782 blower, B7510 & B2781 blower, B2410 & B2550 blower
May 25, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Here it is the 22nd of March and it's snowing again... after a very long, very snowy winter.

What I want to know is which one of you doofuses took your snowblower off your Kubota, thereby taunting the Snow Gods into dumping more of their wares upon us?!?!?!?!?! :D:p:eek:

Just kidding, really. Okay, maybe not so much. This has been a tough winter for sure and I'm looking forward to removing my three front-mounted blowers from their respective tractors. Last night I caught myself dreaming of the smell of freshly-mown grass.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
What I want to know is which one of you doofuses took your snowblower off your Kubota, thereby taunting the Snow Gods into dumping more of their wares upon us?!?!?!?!?! :D:p:eek:
Err...Umm....coff...coff.....I might have....:eek::eek::eek:

But I left the hitch/mid-PTO on!!! I slid the blower back on last night!! 2 minutes and ready to go! :D

My coworker's husband took his blade AND CHAINS OFF!!! Bet it's his fault!! :p:mad::p:

Last edited:

Ping

Equipment
BX2370-1
Dec 25, 2018
Troy, Ohio
Hey, don't blame me:D I'm waiting until sometime next month before I take my cab off....
PS: thanks for your help with my cab heater!

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Took my 10 foot blade off about a month ago. We had our one big snow and that was that.:)

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Turns out our forecasted 9-15" has turned into zero in the valleys so far. More in the hills. We might get 1-3" overnight...heck that's a flurry....

I'm okay with that....see, if I took the hitch off, MAYBE I could share the blame....:p:p

I certainly didn't take chains off!!:)

Good news is the maple sap has been running like mad last couple days!

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Turns out our forecasted 9-15" has turned into zero in the valleys so far. More in the hills. We might get 1-3" overnight...heck that's a flurry....

I'm okay with that....see, if I took the hitch off, MAYBE I could share the blame....:p:p

I certainly didn't take chains off!!:)

Good news is the maple sap has been running like mad last couple days!
Cough cough cough............... ummmm....... it's tee shirt weather here. Fruit trees are flowering, tulips and daffodils are up. Big box stores got there nurseries full. Planning on digging the trailer out Sunday for a load of mulch for the flower beds.

How's the sugaring going????

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yeah rain wind snow hail and the bloody wood stove is going again,,, glad I planted taters already

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Cough cough cough............... ummmm....... it's tee shirt weather here. Fruit trees are flowering, tulips and daffodils are up. Big box stores got there nurseries full. Planning on digging the trailer out Sunday for a load of mulch for the flower beds.

How's the sugaring going????

Geez Daren, no sense rubbing that in! Daffodils!?!? Really!?!?

We just bought the 1.75 acres next door in November, and leased for maple right away. Nice little sugar bush.

I don't have any taps in, but they got 120 taps in on the lot.

They emptied the full 175 gallon tank here at 1pm yesterday, and he said it was full again at 10 this morning.

He said yesterday they gathered 1,300 gallons on 1,000 taps, and left 400 in the various roadside tanks. Good day, and sugar was 2.7%, which is great.

The syrup yesterday was really, really light... Brings top dollar, but I like it much darker... better flavor... Yum!

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Geez Daren, no sense rubbing that in! Daffodils!?!? Really!?!?

We just bought the 1.75 acres next door in November, and leased for maple right away. Nice little sugar bush.

I don't have any taps in, but they got 120 taps in on the lot.

They emptied the full 175 gallon tank here at 1pm yesterday, and he said it was full again at 10 this morning.

He said yesterday they gathered 1,300 gallons on 1,000 taps, and left 400 in the various roadside tanks. Good day, and sugar was 2.7%, which is great.

The syrup yesterday was really, really light... Brings top dollar, but I like it much darker... better flavor... Yum!

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk
I always preferred the cooking grade myself. The light stuff always seemed too weak :D

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Couldn't have blew or rained any harder here yesterday evening and last night, the whole place would shudder at times it blew that hard. I'm just hoping mud season won't last long this year.

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
Snowed all day yesterday but temps were hovering above freezing so only about 4 inches of heavy wet stuff but still flurrying today and well below freezing.
Tried box blading my driveway in reverse and got most of the slop removed but with some minor gravel digging:eek:
Sugaring around here seems behind as we have not yet had the right combo of freezing night and warm days.

NoJacketRequired

Equipment
B7510 & LA302 FEL & B2782 blower, B7510 & B2781 blower, B2410 & B2550 blower
May 25, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Well, we got off with just a skiff of snow rather than the 4-6 inches predicted, and like Bearbait, the wind has howled all night and is still shaking the house this morning.

BUT... the skies are clear blue and the sun is shining, so I'm hopeful. Hope springs eternal! I'm thinking by mid-April I might start thinking about removing the snowblowers. Maybe. Just maybe.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Sugaring around here seems behind as we have not yet had the right combo of freezing night and warm days.

Sure enough. Was talking with another commercial producer this morning.

He remarked how late we’re getting started, and it’s his first year in 25 he didn’t make syrup in February.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Just imagine...

If we truly are headed into a Maunder Minimum, the winters could progressively get colder and longer for the next 40 years before a slow reversal to 40 years of warming. During the Maunder Minimum, it snowed in July on the east coast. Interesting stuff...

https://www.livescience.com/51597-maunder-minimum-mini-ice-age.html