4 in 1 Bucket

Hughski

Equipment
B2650
Mar 20, 2019
Placerville, Ca, US
Newbie here, I am purchasing a new Kabota 2650 and want to get the Kubota 4 in one bucket. Dealer says it’s a little heavy, that I should be careful. I looked at the different it’s 130 pounds more than the standard bucket. She stated she’s gonna look to see if the gear more four in one bucket is less weight. Can I get some insight from you guys please??

Thanks

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Newbie here, I am purchasing a new Kabota 2650 and want to get the Kubota 4 in one bucket. Dealer says it’s a little heavy, that I should be careful. I looked at the different it’s 130 pounds more than the standard bucket. She stated she’s gonna look to see if the gear more four in one bucket is less weight. Can I get some insight from you guys please??

Thanks
I bought a 4 in 1 bucket with my L6060.

The 4 in 1 bucket weighs at least twice as much as does the standard material bucket, resulting in a loss of payload.

I find little use for my 4 in 1 bucket. The only times that I have used it is to avoid installing the grapple on my M9960 to move a (not too heavy) log or two.

Do you have a need for it?

SDT

Hughski

Equipment
B2650
Mar 20, 2019
Placerville, Ca, US
I bought a 4 in 1 bucket with my L6060.

The 4 in 1 bucket weighs at least twice as much as does the standard material bucket, resulting in a loss of payload.

I find little use for my 4 in 1 bucket. The only times that I have used it is to avoid installing the grapple on my M9960 to move a (not too heavy) log or two.

Do you have a need for it?

SDT
Yes and no is the answer. I wanted it to use as the dozer style work as well as moving material and brush.

What I was worried about is loss of payload! May just need to pick up a grapple.

Hughski

Equipment
B2650
Mar 20, 2019
Placerville, Ca, US
Yes and no is the answer. I wanted it to use as the dozer style work as well as moving material and brush.

What I was worried about is loss of payload! May just need to pick up a grapple.
One item I noticed is the specs

3901 with the LA525

Lift capacity (pivot pin) is 1131 lbs (513 Kg)

Lift capacity (500 mm forward) is 855 lbs (388 Kg)

----------------------------------
2650 with the LA534A

Lift capacity (pivot pin) is 1146 lbs (520 Kg)

Lift capacity (500 mm forward) is 827 lbs (375 kg)

So this makes me wonder why it was ok on the 3901 but not the 2650?

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL

Thanks
I would buy the standard bucket and look at one of the grapples that bolt onto your bucket. I have had one for 14 years. They do not weigh very much and it saves the payload. And using the loader as a bulldozer is not the best use for the loader I would get either a box blade, first choice, or a scraper blade on the 3 point

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

Thanks
Yea a 4 in 1 bucket from any a manufacturer is going to be heavy, and you will loose a lot of lift using one on that tractor. ;)

Hughski

Equipment
B2650
Mar 20, 2019
Placerville, Ca, US
Yea a 4 in 1 bucket from any a manufacturer is going to be heavy, and you will loose a lot of lift using one on that tractor. ;)

Yea that is what I am thinking. May be a blessing in disguise.

Now the Chore of picking a Grapple!!!

Land Pride is pricey and doesn't look as sturdy as some others!!

Thanks Everyone. Grapple ideas would be appreciated.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
I agree on the 4 in 1. Also good luck using the tractor as a bull dozer.....it just isnt heavy enough to push much dirt.

For Grapples look at EverythingAttachments.com, they are the best balance of value and quality in my opinion. Others may have more suggestions.

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
I would buy the standard bucket and look at one of the grapples that bolt onto your bucket. I have had one for 14 years. They do not weigh very much and it saves the payload. And using the loader as a bulldozer is not the best use for the loader I would get either a box blade, first choice, or a scraper blade on the 3 point
I just bought one of these,"the Thumb", and mounted it on my pallet forks.
Seems well made and functional and it only weighs about 100 lbs for the 36inch model so it does not lower your lift capacity much.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN

That's what I would do.

Get the material bucket and put the saved money toward a (not too heavy) grapple.

SDT

Hughski

Equipment
B2650
Mar 20, 2019
Placerville, Ca, US
Thank you everyone. I like your input and have decided to get a EA root Grapple and a regular bucket. Hopefully Shipping won't be to much to California!