Change Loader Pins

Rockon75

Equipment
L2550 GST
Aug 17, 2014
Maryland
I have a 2550 with a bf400g loader and all kinds of slop in 5he pivot pins. Looking at the parts manual, they don't list bushings.
Anyone replace pins and install bushings? Will I find wear in the pins (i.e. softer metal than frame). Any advice on this would be appreciated.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
If your bushings are worn you might not have a lot of options available as the AG duty equipment is pretty light duty in this area and you dont have a lot of room to ream out for bushing sleeves. You will likely be on your own to source press fit bushing sleeves.

Titan17

Equipment
L3901 TLB, Caroni RFM, Scag Wildcat ZTR, Piranha TB,York RE 96", MTL HD 48" grap
Jan 13, 2019
Uncasville, CT
I have a 2550 with a bf400g loader and all kinds of slop in 5he pivot pins. Looking at the parts manual, they don't list bushings.
Anyone replace pins and install bushings? Will I find wear in the pins (i.e. softer metal than frame). Any advice on this would be appreciated.
This isn't the right way to fix slop. BUT many farmers (and I mean many) weld up the pins with a mig welder and grind to fit.. You have to be good with a grinder. Get close with a hard wheel then finish with an 80# on a rubber backer. Use a 4" grinder for those small pins.

Remember you have to be able to slip through the rod end. When welding preheat the pins & leave some witness areas on the pin to know where you are when grinding then fill those afterwards.
Hopefully your bosses on the loader arm aren't to oversized. The pin is bolted on 1 side so that's usually tighter so you'll kinda taper your pin for the wallowed out side.
I have a lathe so much easier but I did many that way - there's a knack.
Replacing or welding/boreing bosses gets $$$.
Doing it this way really depends on how you feel about your tractor. I did badly worn swing pins (6" play) on a backhoe while back. Got it to 2" play.
If you know an old farmer then you've heard the phrase "good enough".

Last edited: