Carry All

sparky45

Equipment
L 3301DT
Dec 5, 2018
SEDAN
Started building a Carry All from 1/4" x 4" angle Iron and everything is done except for the bed of the implement. I don't know what to use; expanded steel or rough sawn White Oak. Probably go with the rough sawn Oak since I have a bunch of that left from two years ago. Neighbor and I saw up that stuff for our own use when we run low. Although I like the idea of a steel bed.

Attachments

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Started building a Carry All from 1/4" x 4" angle Iron and everything is done except for the bed of the implement. I don't know what to use; expanded steel or rough sawn White Oak. Probably go with the rough sawn Oak since I have a bunch of that left from two years ago. Neighbor and I saw up that stuff for our own use when we run low. Although I like the idea of a steel bed.
First thing that came to mind is 3/4" pwf plywood, but your RS oak for sure if it's sitting around. Stuff will fall through expanded steel, no?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

sparky45

Equipment
L 3301DT
Dec 5, 2018
SEDAN
Good points, I'm probably going to go with the White Oak cause I have it and it's free.

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina

Good afternoon.

If you will search under my name for carry all I had a post a while back on my build. Got a lot of ideas from the site before I built mine.

Used yellow pine and stained it, nothing I would change about my build.

Even added some wights I had laying around up under it for same extra ballast. I put filled 5 gallon buckets of cement in it when doing loader work.

Good luck.

JeepinMaxx

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2660, LA243 FEL, RCK54P-23BX MMM, BX2751 QH Subframe, BX2750D 50" Blower
Mar 27, 2018
Columbia, CT
I made the platform for my carry all from a cut down $2 pallet with some marine grade plywood on top. It's not permanently attached. I keep all my heavy equipment on pallets - so I can slip off the carry all platform and pick up everything else I have stored on ground level pallets!

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
First thing that came to mind is 3/4" pwf plywood, but your RS oak for sure if it's sitting around. Stuff will fall through expanded steel, no?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
My carry all is my most used implement.

I have one on my 1952, 12 speed Ford 8N and it has not been removed in 10+ years (aside from removal for service/repair). Inside the box are chainsaws, gasoline cans, hand tools, chains, clevis, etc., none of which is ever removed. The 8N/carryall is my quad.

I used a commercially available angle iron support with 3/4" exterior plywood for the front, floor and sides. Floor and front are 4x4 and sides are 4x2. I installed 2x2s inside the joints and across the top of the front board and the rear of the floor for strength. It's screwed together with drywall screws.

I've hauled tons and tons of rocks in it over the years, limiting the loads to around 700 lbs. Often I need to steer with the brakes or even travel backward to keep the front wheels on the ground.

In the 20+ years that I've used it, I replaced the plywood and 2X2s once.

Works great, and is not too heavy.

SDT

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
I made the platform for my carry all from a cut down $2 pallet with some marine grade plywood on top. It's not permanently attached. I keep all my heavy equipment on pallets - so I can slip off the carry all platform and pick up everything else I have stored on ground level pallets!

Ditto - my carryall is a pallet with plywood bottom and sides, so the frame is really just a 3pt pallet jack. Very versatile.