Can I run an electrical line against the hydrolic lines?

hockeystewey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2017 BX1880 w FEL, 54"MMM, 2019 BX2816 50 " snowblower
Dec 12, 2017
NY
Hi, I am adding a secondary fuse panel to my bx1880 having a tough time finding a good spot underneath to run the wires. easiest choice is to follow my metal hydro lines, but I don't know if they get too warm or not?

Anyone have any advise??

Thanks

Ping

Equipment
BX2370-1
Dec 25, 2018
Troy, Ohio
Can you??
Shoot, you can do anything at least once!
First, I'd be finding out what temp your hyd lines are running. And, verify the insulation on the wire is rated at least that high. And, it were me, I'd be running your wiring in some form of wire loom and not tie the wire directly to your steel hydraulic lines without additional protection.
Not automotive applications but, I've seen where 120V wires have managed to eat their way thru copper lines on more than one occasion. Wire insulation was compromised and the hot wire arced across to the copper and created a hole.
Hope this helps and Good Luck.
Regards,

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Hi, I am adding a secondary fuse panel to my bx1880 having a tough time finding a good spot underneath to run the wires. easiest choice is to follow my metal hydro lines, but I don't know if they get too warm or not?

Anyone have any advise??

Thanks
If you use high temp insulation wiring then you'll be fine. ;)

hockeystewey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2017 BX1880 w FEL, 54"MMM, 2019 BX2816 50 " snowblower
Dec 12, 2017
NY
Ok, so maybe that should say....should i run my elec next to my hydro..lol

The wire is rated to 90°C..however the wirecwrap not so much...hmmmm

atitus

Equipment
BX1880+FEL,MMM,Blower
Feb 11, 2019
Worcester, MA
I have not noticed any significant temperature in the metal pressure lines. I put lights on my rops, and I have the wires zip tied to the hydro lines all the way down one side under the fender up near the loader quick attach and then into the battery compartment. I have the wires covered in that black plastic split-wrap wire covering, which I suspect is a lot less heat tolerant than the PVC on the wires themselves and so far no issues. Length of time is approx 8 mos with about 3 of them being in the summer when it was pretty hot and I was out in the sun for hours with it.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I have not noticed any significant temperature in the metal pressure lines. I put lights on my rops, and I have the wires zip tied to the hydro lines all the way down one side under the fender up near the loader quick attach and then into the battery compartment. I have the wires covered in that black plastic split-wrap wire covering, which I suspect is a lot less heat tolerant than the PVC on the wires themselves and so far no issues. Length of time is approx 8 mos with about 3 of them being in the summer when it was pretty hot and I was out in the sun for hours with it.
Some hydraulic line will get hot where some won't, it has to do with flow and pressure, not abinent or sun heat. ;)

seanbarr

Equipment
B7100DT (sold) - Branson 3520H
Feb 1, 2013
Deer Park, WA
There are split looms with gray markings which denotes capacity to withstand higher temps for areas near engines. Combined with gxl wiring, it can be routed most anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk