Root grapple options

Titan17

Equipment
L3901 TLB, Caroni RFM, Scag Wildcat ZTR, Piranha TB,York RE 96", MTL HD 48" grap
Jan 13, 2019
Uncasville, CT
I am curious about the 15% coupon you mentioned. Where did you find that?

Looking at adding the Summit 3rd function to my BX23S. Wanting to add a grapple for cleaning up piles of pine needles.

Thanks.
15% coupon is only available on the APP. It pops up about 3 or 4 times a year and you never know when. Usually it's towards the end of eBay fiscal quarter to boost sales. It's usually good for up to about $150 savings. You can put multiple items in cart and apply the 15%>.
I save all my larger purchases for this but you have to check eBay every day. The coupon only lasts till 7:00 pm Pacific time.
It's an eBay discount so costs the vendor nothing. Works on best offer items also.

The summit 3rd function is a good budget approach for us non commercial users. I still like OEM with steel lines but $$$$. Most other aftermarket units use 2 wire lines.
When you save money on fittings sometimes you get leaks. China quality is hit or miss on cheap stuff but the summit spool/solinoid and joystick is pretty good quality made in Europe.

Hake

Jan 7, 2017
Ky
15% coupon is only available on the APP. It pops up about 3 or 4 times a year and you never know when. Usually it's towards the end of eBay fiscal quarter to boost sales. It's usually good for up to about $150 savings. You can put multiple items in cart and apply the 15%>.

I save all my larger purchases for this but you have to check eBay every day. The coupon only lasts till 7:00 pm Pacific time.

It's an eBay discount so costs the vendor nothing. Works on best offer items also.

The summit 3rd function is a good budget approach for us non commercial users. I still like OEM with steel lines but $$$$. Most other aftermarket units use 2 wire lines.

When you save money on fittings sometimes you get leaks. China quality is hit or miss on cheap stuff but the summit spool/solinoid and joystick is pretty good quality made in Europe.

Looking good! How did you figure out how long of hoses to order? 3" in either direction would be an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Titan17

Equipment
L3901 TLB, Caroni RFM, Scag Wildcat ZTR, Piranha TB,York RE 96", MTL HD 48" grap
Jan 13, 2019
Uncasville, CT
Usually a 2 wire R2 hose has a 3" bend radius and a 4500# work pressure. That's what I require on my tractor because of its flow. You might only need a 3/8" 1 wire R1 hose with a tighter bend radius. R1 3/8" working pressure is 2300 but easily safe for occasionally higher pressure and could carry 3-4 gpm with no prob.
Use the garden hose or air compressor hose for measurements and decide on hose selection. Continuous use generates more heat in a smaller hose.implements like a hydraulic tiller go with R2 1/2", occasional use like angle plow or grapple and pressure about 2500# use 3/8" R1.
My loader valve power beyond is under operator platform on outside of frame and my 3rd function valve is right inside that on frame so very tight and with correct ends/fittings it worked out fine.

Attachments