Negative Battery Cable 2008 L3400

heinsite

Equipment
Kubota L3400, front loader, b75 Backhoe, Bush Hog, box blade, rake
My negative battery cable rusted and broke off (previous owner put wrong size battery in and I should have caught it). My plan is to take out the battery and use an electric wire brush to clean up and then repaint- expect were the ground goes and reinstall a new cable. Was going to use a 2gauge wire and bolt it around same place. I was also going to use a piece of wood under the battery to keep it from being punctured by the metal sticking up since its a larger footprint battery and new. I will obviously need to strap it down as well.

1. Is there any other better places I should consider bolting the new cable?
2. Does the length of the cable matter? The current one is like 10" and looking at a 20" cable.

Pic Attached

Attachments

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Length of cable does matter in the real world....but it will not affect what you are doing - however - do not make it too long, it can get in the way at times and rub up against something else.

If the battery fits logically and has enough CCA's then any "size" battery will work, you seem to have a lot of room there to work with.

Piece of wood is a good idea too - I have a piece under mine due to my battery being a little wider than it should !

GOOD video on making battery ends....cheap too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpFb_Yxl_hA

SRG

Equipment
B8200D 4WD........ JD 870, FWA, 300x FEL.......... JD 797, 72" Z-Trak
Jul 15, 2017
N. IL
Last edited: