Kubota D905e Lighting plant / Generator worth fixing ?

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Absolutely! Have a go at it! If anything you will have a bunch of fun

Jon G

Equipment
Still Searching
Mar 18, 2019
St John's
Thanks Butch

This is my plan

I need to clean up the garage as its packed full right now then i will haul it in and start to tear it apart.

My previous comment about the fan belt being off causing this problem. after thinking about this I am unsure if this is true as the fan belt might of been taken off when the head was removed back at work.

I am itching to dig right into this build

:) thanks for looking

jaggerdtexas

Equipment
Bx2200
Jul 20, 2019
Conroe,Texas
Jon, I just brought home a BX2200 with the d905 in it (purchase price $1500). Low compression is what I was told by the seller, but it cranks over and shows signs of life. I***8217;m m interested to see how your project was coming along and wanted to stay in touch through the journey of fixing these engines. I took off the loader and engine cowlings today (luckily the loader wasn't insanely heavy). I have everything stripped down and I believe I***8217;m almost ready to pull it out. Coolant looks good on this end, interested to see how everything looks once the heads come off. This will be my first diesel also. I figure there will be questions to be had. Take care, Jagger.

Attachments

Last edited:

charles fitton

Equipment
D950 engine
Jul 12, 2019
Maryhill
This is my plan .....I am itching to dig right into this build /QUOTE said:
And so you should be..I would.

Just finishing a D950 in another "orange" tractor. My first also.

Mine had a blown head gasket. Plenty of life in it yet.

Wise things I've read here "You don't have enough time to make all the mistakes these guys have... hrrd their advise"

good luck

f

Also in Canada

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Jon, I just brought home a BX2200 with the d905 in it (purchase price $1500). Low compression is what I was told by the seller, but it cranks over and shows signs of life. I***8217;m m interested to see how your project was coming along and wanted to stay in touch through the journey of fixing these engines. I took off the loader and engine cowlings today (luckily the loader wasn't insanely heavy). I have everything stripped down and I believe I***8217;m almost ready to pull it out. Coolant looks good on this end, interested to see how everything looks once the heads come off. This will be my first diesel also. I figure there will be questions to be had. Take care, Jagger.
Just to be certain you know of this source for a free WSM for your BX2200.

http://kubotabooks.com/AutoIndex/in...s/&AutoIndex=997eace94077e0ef9a26a2d725aa89c7

Dave

jaggerdtexas

Equipment
Bx2200
Jul 20, 2019
Conroe,Texas
Just to be certain you know of this source for a free WSM for your BX2200.

http://kubotabooks.com/AutoIndex/in...s/&AutoIndex=997eace94077e0ef9a26a2d725aa89c7

Dave
Dave,

Thank you for that. I had the opportunity to pull the engine out today, and start to tear into it. I wanted to share my findings and get a second opinion on what I'm looking at. The clearances between the rocker arms and valves looks good and tight. I proceeded to take the head off to get a further look at what is going on. Mind the fact that I bought this tractor from an old farmer who said he did a compression test and found that the "cylinders were low, and new motor from Kubota runs 6K, so its just not worth going any further". I now have the head off, and still haven't found anything alarming. Pistons look good as well as the cylinder walls. Now I'm not seeing any beautiful cross hatching in the cylinders but I am seeing a seeing a slight bit. It looks good and tight and I'm just wondering where to go from here. Ive attached the photos of my findings. The pictures are before any cleaning has taken place. Let me know if I need to provide better pictures or test anything that comes to mind.

Warm regards,
Jaggerdtexas

Attachments

Jon G

Equipment
Still Searching
Mar 18, 2019
St John's
GUYS ITS TIME :( I am going to sell this as I have not touched it and it’s taking up room

The question is what is it worth ? Should I part it out ?

Last edited:

bx tractorjoe

Equipment
kubota l2501 upgraded from a bx23s john deere 670 husquarvana huv 4421 gxp
Jun 3, 2020
loxahatchee flordia
The generator is worth something.. hard to find the older ones made in England.. alot of the new light tower generator ends are made in china....

If it's cheaper to fix then buying one for 1800 or more... what they sell for in south Florida you might reconsider selling it.. easy to find running d905 engines as they made millions of um..

I've fixed worse.. well not a kubota never seen one do that..