B8200 Three point control lever?

simon.farming

Equipment
B8200 Tractor
Mar 17, 2019
Leicester
Hi All
I have an older Kubota B8200 4WD with loader and I have looking to add a rear single acting auxiliary port for tipping trailer.

Initial thought was to buy a diverter & valve and break into the lines.

But I am wondering whether that is necessary as there is small shaft with a role pin through the middle immediately below the position control lever (cant post pic yet). It rotates forwards 45deg and back 45deg and spring returns to center position (similar to the position control movement).

Hence i suspect it may be a diverter that allows trailer tipping via the position control lever. Anyone experience of this ?

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Which model B8200 do you have.

B8200DP
or
B8200HST-DP

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sorry need serial # now, there were two completely different setups on the hydraulics for that model.

I will tell you this, there will not be a diverter valve that is build into the lift valve, the lever you see is probably a the fall speed adjustment.

The other models like the b7100 made adding a line off that control easy, but not so much on a b8200.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yep serial # is 53678

And yes that model is hard to add in a three point control diverted port.
You will be better off adding an open center spool valve to the hydraulic block, you would remove the 2 plugs replace them with lines to the new spool valve and then turn the diverter valve to make the new Spool valve work.

Hooking it up like this is also a very safe option as it will still have pressure relief ability for the new valve.

Attachments

simon.farming

Equipment
B8200 Tractor
Mar 17, 2019
Leicester
Hi
Many thanks, appreciate the advice.

I suspect that image relates to the front hydraulic block. However I have a loader fitted and the loader spool already connects to the tank port, neutral port & pressure port of the front hydraulic block.

Presumably, I fit a diverter at the front hydraulic block to the pressure port and divert between loader spool & new open spool ?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Hi
Many thanks, appreciate the advice.

I suspect that image relates to the front hydraulic block. However I have a loader fitted and the loader spool already connects to the tank port, neutral port & pressure port of the front hydraulic block.

Presumably, I fit a diverter at the front hydraulic block to the pressure port and divert between loader spool & new open spool ?
No diverter needed, just add a Spool valve in series, so P/B or Pressure out of the FEL spool valve, to the In\Pressure, of the new valve then back out or the PB/ back to the block.

You can only tee In on a Tank/return line the others must be in and out.

The allows both valves to work all the time. ;)

simon.farming

Equipment
B8200 Tractor
Mar 17, 2019
Leicester
Forgive me for being dim, but where in the diagram does the new trailer port connect ?

Is the standard system on this tractor open or closed ?

Many thanks.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Forgive me for being dim, but where in the diagram does the new trailer port connect ?

Is the standard system on this tractor open or closed ?

Many thanks.
Yea sorry I didn't note the output connections, it would be 1 or 2 port connection off of the rear spool valve.

Kubota's are an open hydraulic system, your new spool valve should be equal or greater than 6GPM.

Does this help clarify it?

Attachments

Codyrapoza

Equipment
B8200 4wd hst
Apr 25, 2020
Ogden, utah
So here I am with the same question, what the heck is that roll pin thing for?? The wsm shows an auxiliary spool? Can we tap into this?? The only ports I see to tap into are the small internal wrench screws on top.