Won’t start

Mikey662

Equipment
L3800
Mar 16, 2019
Iola Texas
I have an L3800 that is sunk to the frame in mud. I turned it off to grab some chains and now t won’t do anything but click once when I turn the key. The battery was tested all connections are clean and tight. The PTO lever is off and I pulled the PTO shaft off just n case. All of the shift levers are in neutral. Any ideas?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I have an L3800 that is sunk to the frame in mud. I turned it off to grab some chains and now t won’t do anything but click once when I turn the key. The battery was tested all connections are clean and tight. The PTO lever is off and I pulled the PTO shaft off just n case. All of the shift levers are in neutral. Any ideas?
Seat switch?
Poor connections? Check ground....both ends;)

Turn key and move pto lever around......bounce on the seat as key is turned too see if any difference

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Any ideas?
Turn the Key on make sure it's in neural and jump the starter solenoid to get it going and out of the mud, then while it's running give it a good washing off so you'll be able to see what got damaged or removed.

MilkyWay

Dec 5, 2010
Dahlonega, GA
.... The battery was tested all connections are clean and tight....?
Welcome to the forum Mikey662! You will get some exceptional assistance here if you will help us narrow things down by clearly detailing your observations. BUT,,, and don't get me started on my personal pet peeve, when the comment is made ' I know the battery is good because I checked the voltage '. Sorry, but not sufficient. Do you know the proper way to check the battery voltage under full load?