B2601 TLB and B2650 TLB lengths

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
Anyone have either a B2601 with FEL and backhoe or a B2650 with FEL and backhoe that would be able to give me a length of the whole package?

I'm looking at one of these setups to replace my BX23, but I'd like to be able to haul it on my current 16' trailer. Pretty sure the B2601 will fit though I may have to swing the backhoe sideways. Not sure on the B2650.

Thanks

beckmurph

Equipment
Kubota LX2610TLB/Woods finish mower/woods rotary cutter/
Aug 23, 2012
catlettsburg, ky
My B2650tlb rides on an 18ft trailer.
The fel against the trailer bulk head, and backhoe bucket flat on the deck.
With a 16’ trailer you would need to swing the backhoe to one side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
My B2650tlb rides on an 18ft trailer.
The fel against the trailer bulk head, and backhoe bucket flat on the deck.
With a 16***8217; trailer you would need to swing the backhoe to one side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
beckmurph is correct. I have that setup and need to swing backhoe sideways for the machine to fit on 16 foot trailer. That's with the loader bucket all the way against the front of the trailer.

I have a landscape trailer with 24" high sides. I added 2x blocks for the rear wheels to sit on so the backhoe bucket can clear the sides of the trailer when loaded.

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
dirtydeed, that's a 2650 that you're able to get on the 16' trailer? Would you happen to have any pics?

Thanks

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
dirtydeed, that's a 2650 that you're able to get on the 16' trailer? Would you happen to have any pics?

Thanks
Yes, B2650 TLB fits by turning the hoe to the side. Sorry, I don't have any pics of it. I have ramp/gates on the back of the trailer so I can't let the hoe overhang.

The other thing you can do, is pop the bucket off (if you get a SSQA) and spin the bucket on the trailer deck to put the SSQA inside the bucket. That would give you about a foot to a foot and a half or so more leeway.

Last edited:

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
Interesting, thanks guys.

Yeah, I love my 16' landscape. Bought it to haul my BX23 with my Tacoma that I had at the time. At the time I was limited by the towing capacity of the truck. Now I have a Tundra, I'd like a bigger tractor, and I'm finding I may be limited by my trailer. ;) Still, it's a great trailer. If I can, I'll stick with it.

dirtydeed, are you leaving the hoe up in the air with the travel pin/lock on it?

Spinning the FEL bucket around is something I hadn't considered. Kind of a pain, but it's an option, and I'm not hauling this tractor with the FEL and backhoe all that often, maybe 4-5 times per year typically max.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Interesting, thanks guys.

dirtydeed, are you leaving the hoe up in the air with the travel pin/lock on it?

Spinning the FEL bucket around is something I hadn't considered. Kind of a pain, but it's an option, and I'm not hauling this tractor with the FEL and backhoe all that often, maybe 4-5 times per year typically max.
Yes, The boom, dipper and bucket are in their up and closed positions when the trailer is loaded. I added some thick rubber belting (cut into 2 inch wide strips about 18 inches long) to the top rail of the trailer. It cushions the bucket and keeps it from banging on the side rails of the trailer when loaded.

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
Gotcha, thanks!

Do you know the width of your trailer? Your backhoe bucket ends up pretty much right on top of your side rail while traveling then?

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Gotcha, thanks!

Do you know the width of your trailer? Your backhoe bucket ends up pretty much right on top of your side rail while traveling then?
I'm pretty sure it's right around 7 feet wide (or lightly under at 6.5). Yes, the bucket sits above (or on) the side rail. Maybe I can get a pic of it loaded on the trailer this weekend. I had just moved the trailer out of my driveway to its preferred parking location in the woods on Sunday. Figures huh?

Last edited:

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Ok. I snagged a few pics for you today of the tractor sitting on the trailer. Trailer box is 80 inch wide by 16 feet long. Lets see if I can get the pics loaded...

There is about a foot left. I really should be backing the tractor onto the trailer to get more tongue weight, but it has worked as is without any trailering issues. If were buying a new trailer, it would be an 18 footer.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Attachments

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
Big thanks for posting those pics!

I'm actually surprised there's that much extra space. I was starting to think it would be even tighter than that. I was starting to think if I wanted a B2650 I was definitely going to need a longer trailer.

Your trailer has just a few inches on my width-wise. Mine is a 77" width. Seems like that shouldn't be a problem though. If I was to upgrade, I'd end up with an 83"x18'.