Looking at new B2650 and

AA Hayes

Feb 17, 2016
Seguin, ON, Canada
I have been lurking for some time now, enjoying the many opinions, and seeing some of what these tractors can do. I have been running old bolens garden tractors on my hobby farm for the past 6 years. It is now time to upgrade, I also own a construction company building homes and cottages in Ontario.

I have been drawn towards the B2650 for obvious reasons. Tasks the tractor will need to perform are;
small landscaping duties after construction.
Digging underground electrical and water for well heads.
Digging footings for decks occasionally.
Moving building materials
Grading my driveway
Tilling gardens
Snow blowing
So essentially basic tractor needs.

Implements i am starting with
FEL, backhoe with thumb, front mount blower, 42" forks, bow scraper, possibly tiller (may wait on that one)

I have got quotes from two dealers, both were right inline with one another's original quotes. Do you guys negotiate with your dealers when purchasing a new machine? I have never been in the new tractor market. What would be some pointers for the process if you would.

NWAZL3560

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, LA805 loader, BH77 backhoe, rock bucket, box blade, pallet forks
Jun 11, 2018
Mesquite, NV
Lots of threads on this. I've only bought one new, about a year ago. But the process typically is to build the tractor you want on the KubotaUsa.com website, then take it to the dealers and compare their prices with the website build price. Or in your case compare it with the quotes you've already received. Be careful on the pallet forks, since the Kubota build only has 36" 1000 lb pallet forks listed. Some items you won't find on the build site.

Some say expect 10% off your build price, others haven't gotten that much. I didn't get that much and I only have one dealer near by. You should get a discount, it just depends on your location and the dealers. Compare any Kubota discounts for cash with 0% financing as well if you can pay cash.

Not sure if there is a Kubota Canada build website like there is in the USA?

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You really should be looking at a B26, as it's much more suited for the work you want it to do! ;)

Firefox

Equipment
2650 hst cab,fel,72mmm,48lp forks,48 tiller,PeCo vac,wt box
Mar 15, 2018
Swanton ,Oh
Would recommend 48" forks which give more reach and visiblity of fork tips at ground level from seat .My dealer had Land Pride brand .900.00. Wt is about 350#and still lift 950# pallet of hardwood 4"off ground. (B2650hstc)

AA Hayes

Feb 17, 2016
Seguin, ON, Canada
You really should be looking at a B26, as it's much more suited for the work you want it to do! ;)
I feel that the B26tlb does not offer the mid pto for my front mount blower which I am very adverse to the 3pt blower. Is the capacity of loader and ability of backhoe really that different from the B2650. Can't find alot of info on the B26TLB. Also the price difference is stagering

Firefox, I will look into the 48" forks. Most pallets I deal with are 48"

SAITCHO

Equipment
B26,Tajfun logging winch,Box scraper, Log grapple
Sep 5, 2016
Canada
If your into ground engagement task A B26TLB is the way to go. Its a commercial built unit vs a residential tractor. You loose the mid PTO, the loader is not removable. One nice feature people overlook when they look for a B26 is the four post ROPS. I feel so much safer vs a regular rear ROPS. I dont know why but I always have this image of a log rolling down the loader arm and ending on my knees. Look for a used one they are built tough, thats the model they rent to guys that dont have a clue how to operate a tractor.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
To me the B26 question comes down to how hard you work your machine. The B26 has a bit more capacity, but mostly what it has is toughness.

If you're going to use it every day in your construction business, let the apprentices (or your children) drive it, push the limits of it's capacity every day, then the B26 is the way to go.

If you're mostly doing tractor stuff, plus some occasional trenching, and you're driving the machine yourself mostly on weekends, then that's exactly what the B2650 does, with a backhoe. It's nothing different than anyone else is using a B2650 for.

AA Hayes

Feb 17, 2016
Seguin, ON, Canada
My business is small, myself and 2 employees. We typically build 2 places a year, with an average 200' of trench for hydro and 50' for water. I won't be letting anyone but my wife and kids (when they are old enough) run the tractor. Also I feel for the amount of hoe work the tractor will do, and my comfort with my abilities to run a machine that the 2650 is still what I am looking for. Most of its life will be spend on my own property tending to our hobby for needs. In the winter we get hit hard with big accumulation frequently, and my old bolens that I use strictly for blowing is getting tired. I will miss the cab, but I am a cold weather guy, as long as I can face forwards and not jerk my head around for 45 minutes to clear snow I will be happy.

But, Does anyone have specs on the back hoe and FEL on the b26?

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
But, Does anyone have specs on the back hoe and FEL on the b26?
https://www.kubotausa.com/docs/default-source/brochure-sheets/b26tlb.pdf?sfvrsn=25d83402_4

Page 15

I agree with you, for 2 houses a year, and mostly hobby farming, there's no reason a B2650 wouldn't do the work. A B26 would be nice, but if you can't afford one then it's not an option.

The B2650 specs are here https://www.kubotausa.com/docs/default-source/brochure-sheets/b2650_b3350_ktc.pdf?sfvrsn=d594aa40_2, the lift to full height is 520kg v's 560kg on the TLB, the breakout force very similar. The backhoe digs a bit deeper, and lifts a bit higher, the B2650 doesn't give measures for force. I'd say the B26 isn't dramatically more capable, but is more solidly built. For occasional use the B2650 will be similar in capability and unlikely to wear out. And if you're also using it for hobby farming being able to remove the loader will be much more useful than not (the backhoe detaches on both).

Last edited:

Muzzy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Feb 13, 2019
WNY
B26 has more capacities, but a B2650 does have the mid pto & should cover your tasks no problem, toss on a cab, all set

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
I do the same kind of work as you (small size business doing residential/cottage construction in SE Manitoba) and my 2017 B2650 has become essential. The BH77 backhoe trenches like crazy, the removable FEL and front B2782B blower (with 3 point 60" box scraper on back) make a great summer/winter team. The quick connect bucket and 40" pallet forks seem indispensable now to me.

I would consider adding the 60" box scraper to your kit. Maintaining and leveling our rural gravel driveway became a breeze, as well as dragging snow piles away from buildings so the blower could grab them, and scraping built up ice off the lot.

I had 2 "local" dealers quote my package, and went with the nearest dealer as they were't far apart in price. And the kubota.ca site does do the online quote thing, just some items were needing a direct dealer quote. I went with 0% financing over 7 years, with 50% down payment. My monthly payments are less than what I was spending on cigarettes when I was smoking, a lot less.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
That's an interesting trailer - wheels right at the back. Specially designed for the tractor and backhoe? Looks like the backhoe is taking up most of the space with it leaned down like that - are you worried about hitting overhead obstructions? Nice looking rig though.

NoJacketRequired

Equipment
B7510 & LA302 FEL & B2782 blower, B7510 & B2781 blower, B2410 & B2550 blower
May 25, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
I would consider adding the 60" box scraper to your kit. Maintaining and leveling our rural gravel driveway became a breeze, as well as dragging snow piles away from buildings so the blower could grab them, and scraping built up ice off the lot.
I'll heartily second this opinion. I have a 60" box scraper on one of my B7510's and a really heavy 48" box scraper on the other one. For comparison I have a 60" straight blade on my B2410. The box scrapers are like the secret sauce for grading and finishing. My neighbors all love my ability to back right up to their garage door and pull the snow away.

The B2782B front-mounted blower is the bees knees. Just be aware that on some tractors its subframe is mutually incompatible with the FEL, so you can't put the FEL down without it catching on the quick-attach tongue of the subframe.

Also, be aware that you can cheaply and easily add electric chute rotation rather than springing for the expensive hydraulic rotator from Kubota. I have hydraulic on my "home" tractor and electric on my "airport" tractor. The hydraulic is too fast to allow precise placement of snow, but it does rotate the chute with authority, and it's handy to have the control on the loader joystick. Do a search on here and you'll find a few threads on the topic of modifying snowblowers. I used a power seat actuator from the surplus aisle at Princess Auto - one of the best $20 bills I've ever spent.

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
That's an interesting trailer - wheels right at the back. Specially designed for the tractor and backhoe? Looks like the backhoe is taking up most of the space with it leaned down like that - are you worried about hitting overhead obstructions? Nice looking rig though.
The trailer is an 18ft PJ Trailers unit, car hauler, 7000gvw. I think the angle of the picture makes the wheels look set further back than they are.

I like to load the BH77 that way, with the bucket down on the deck instead instead of it being up in its travel lock position. It spreads the weight out on the deck and makes it easy to run a strap across the bucket, as well as having all the hydraulics "relaxed" for transport. The tractor balances properly on the trailer right where it is in the photo, too.

And this whole unit pulls quite nicely behind my little ol' '06 Tacoma 4L 4x4.

AA Hayes

Feb 17, 2016
Seguin, ON, Canada
Thanks everyone for the input, it is much appreciated. I may have missed a few things in my original post. My implements list is; loader with 3rd function for future attachments, quick connect 60" bucket, 42" forks, Backhoe with thumb, 16" bucket, 63" front mount blower, possibly with hydraulic chute kit, and deflector kit, 66" box scraper (bb1266), and draw bar. The 60" bucket is listed as "light material"? What are your thoughts on hydraulic verses making electric chute and deflector controls? My current set up have hydraulic chute and I made deflector electric controlled. Is the 66" box scraper to large? I figured I would be better at easing my ability to grade a large area. And also grade my large driveway and parking areas better than the 60" also the 66" on my quote is listed as light duty?

My total quoted price from the dealer who is closer and I am more likely to go with is at, with 72 months 0% is 44,918.00, total discounts shown at 5608.63. Making the sale total 41,751.13

This dealer is known for have outstanding service.

I believe I am sold on the b2650 due to its versatility and my needs.

Last edited:

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
The trailer is an 18ft PJ Trailers unit, car hauler, 7000gvw. I think the angle of the picture makes the wheels look set further back than they are.

I like to load the BH77 that way, with the bucket down on the deck instead instead of it being up in its travel lock position. It spreads the weight out on the deck and makes it easy to run a strap across the bucket, as well as having all the hydraulics "relaxed" for transport. The tractor balances properly on the trailer right where it is in the photo, too.

And this whole unit pulls quite nicely behind my little ol' '06 Tacoma 4L 4x4.
Pulling that with a Tacoma? Interesting and impressive. I thought I was pushing the limits slightly pulling my BX23 on a 16' landscape trailer.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
The 60" bucket is listed as "light material"? . Is the 66" box scraper to large? I figured I would be better at easing my ability to grade a large area. And also grade my large driveway and parking areas better than the 60" also the 66" on my quote is listed as light duty?
Congrats...the 60 inch "Light Materials" bucket is of the same construction as the typical 54" bucket. Consider getting a tooth bar for it as well.

A 66" box blade full of stone will give the tractor a workout. You may want to have your rear tires filled and a loader bucket of stone would help while in 4wd when pulling it. I have a 60" EA extreme duty BB, like it so far.

If you aren't getting a cab, be sure that your dealer gives you the hoe with the longer "bent" control sticks.

enjoy.

AA Hayes

Feb 17, 2016
Seguin, ON, Canada
I feel like I should get the bb1560 60" box scraper for the extra weight with the blower on in winter and also, I think the 66" will work the tractor to hard on inclines full of stone.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I feel like I should get the bb1560 60" box scraper for the extra weight with the blower on in winter and also, I think the 66" will work the tractor to hard on inclines full of stone.
I often carry my BB in the winter with blower on. With a stone driveway, it works well for smaller snow-falls when the drive isn't frozen. Just need to lengthen top-link some so it doesn't dig in.